aMSN Forums
December 13, 2018, 08:51:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't Edit Custom Emoticons, Can Only Delete  (Read 7767 times)
ChaiHai

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2013, 04:18:22 am »

I can add custom emoticons just fine and use them, but whenever I try to change the text triggers I can't. I have to delete them entirely and re-add them, which is annoying. Help? Also, toggling case sensitivity isn't working. Thank-you for your time.
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 07:26:00 pm »

Sounds like a bug but I know this works perfectly. What version are you using? Are you getting any error when you try to rename the trigger? How isn't aMSN letting you change the trigger text? Is it disabled?
ChaiHai

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 08:24:25 pm »

I don't know what version, I downloaded it two days ago because I refuse to be force fed skype. I'm assuming I have the most recent version.  I don't get an error, the ok button refuses to click, I can only click cancel or delete.  I don't know what you mean by it being disabled. I can type and try to change the trigger, but it refuses to save.
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 06:28:26 pm »

Ok, let's try something. Open main aMSN window and hit Ctrl+S. A status log window should open.
Open a chat window and then right-click on the emoticon you want to rename. The edit-emoticon window should appear. Don't close it. Go to the status log window and hit "Clear". Then go to the edit-emoticon window and click on save. Check what showed on the status log window.

Also, please do that while not speaking with anyone or the status log window will be flooded with a lot of information and it will make the process harder.
ChaiHai

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 11:48:27 pm »

You fail to realize I :: can't:: click on ok on the edit emoticon window. It.refuses.to.click. I can only cancel or delete. Therefore I can't follow your instructions because I can't save the emoticon.
michel
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 10:52:15 am »

Here I have something in the Status window when I add a new emoticon :

[17:47:23] save_config: saving config for user michel@xxxxx.net in D:/Documents and Settings/michel.xxxx/My Documents/Michel/A classer/programmes/aMSN/scripts/amsn_config/michel_xxxxxx_net]
[17:47:23] save_config: saving config_file. Opening of file returned : file23f62d8
[17:47:23] save_config: Config saved

But nothing when I rename the trigger.

Michel
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 04:26:41 pm »

I can't think of any reason why that button would show as disabled. try deleting amsn's folder (in C:\Documents and Settings\Your user\) and launch amsn again.  (Maybe instead of deleting the folder just rename it or backup it before deleting).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: