aMSN Forums
April 24, 2018, 09:35:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: aMSN fails to start after compilation and install  (Read 13726 times)
deltavoid

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2013, 09:52:27 pm »

amsn-0.98.9 does not start after compilation and installation on a Slackware 13.37 system (64-bit).

I get the following error:

"There's a problem loading a module of aMSN (TkCxImage) : couldn't load file "utils/TkCximage/TkCximage.so": utils/TkCximage/TkCximage.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I have this file installed in /usr/local/lib/amsn/utils/TkCximage/TkCximage.so

When I strace aMSN I can see that it looks for this file as follows:

Code:
access("/usr/local/lib/amsn/utils/TkCximage/8.5/TkCximage.so", F_OK) = 0
open("/usr/local/lib/amsn/utils/TkCximage/8.5/TkCximage.so", O_RDONLY) = 6
access("utils/TkCximage/8.5/TkCximage.so", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("utils/TkCximage/TkCximage.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("utils/TkCximage/TkCximage.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Initially I didn't have TkCximage.so in that directory "8.5" (the directory didn't even exist) but I created it since I saw from the strace the program was trying to access it in that directory. However this didn't help. I don't know if this strace is relevant or if this is just some problem with a trivial solution.

I see in the "INSTALL" file that the "tcl-dev and tk-dev packages" are required. Is this problem related to that issue? I downloaded the two top files (left and right) from http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/download.html , is that correct?
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 05:48:06 pm »

You just need to recompile aMSN (that is ./configure, make, sudo make install)
deltavoid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 11:56:22 pm »

You just need to recompile aMSN (that is ./configure, make, sudo make install)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried to "./configure && make && make install" numerous times.
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 02:16:10 pm »

I remember billiob having the same problem AFAIK he just was missing "make clean" before ./configure....
Also, make sure that everything from "make" is OK.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: