aMSN Forums
July 21, 2018, 10:09:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Live. Closing. Down.  (Read 67563 times)
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 09:48:23 pm »

This is a basic log to html conversor: http://jsfiddle.net/alexandernst/beSjr/
I'll keep updating it till there aren't any bugs.

PS: Forgot to describe how it works. Open one of your logs, paste it into the text area and hit the "Convert!" button.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:51:12 pm by alexandernst » Logged
asdolo

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 11:25:01 pm »

hi, i have something like 1100 logs, i have to open the first, copy, paste, and so on for 1k times...
there is another problem...this converter is on a site...i have to post my conversation on a site...there is nothing secret on my conversation but is a privacy problem...

exist a faster and offline mode to make logs readable?
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 12:09:48 am »

About the posting issue, your logs aren't uploaded nor stored anywhere, you can be safe Smiley

About the other one, yes, I thought about making an "offline" version, but I need some more time
for that as I need to support all 3 OS (Windows, Linux and Mac).

Keep an eye on this topic as I'll post it here when it's ready Wink
asdolo

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 05:12:43 pm »

thank you !  Cheesy
justincase

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 02:21:52 pm »

I'm using aMSN since 2008 (and probably will keep using until I can not login with the program) but also have to accept the facts; aMSN has not had significant updates in a long time (the May 2012 were things that already been in the SVN from a while) and in Windows the program is practically a bug after another (especially in the last time and I think that I no need deepen on the matter because in the Windows subforum are reported most relevant issues).
So looking for a replacement that is multiprotocol (due to Microsoft's decision I had to migrate to Facebook grudgingly to not become in an asocial definitive), I have been testing Pidgin and I have not come too bad until now because to use a Skype account since the program there is the Skype4Pidgin (of course, for it to work first must have the Skype open and login there with your username).
Even so there are some things that I miss from aMSN and that Pidgin does not have, such as:
  • Status bar in chat windows.
  • Minimize all program windows in the system tray (using Alt Gr + Space) and then request you password to restore (what is popularly known as "boss mode/key/button" or similar). Apparently the function that is responsible for this is "BossMode" and is in the gui.tcl file (starting from line 8289).
  • Drop down list with all the changes of state of the contacts (has something similar called "System logs" which is accessed from the "Tools" menu but I see it little practical if I only want to know who is connected/disconnected recently, besides that this is not enabled by default).
  • Ability to adjust the height of the text box where you write messages to contacts in the chat window (the program only has the option to change the minimum number of lines of textbox from the preferences window in section "Conversations").
  • Display extra data about a contact in the info window (something equivalent to the "Other" static box in the properties window of a aMSN contact).
Also, these and other features can be added to the program using plugins so if anyone is interested in replicate them in Pidgin, you can get information here ("Development Information" section; allow work with C, Perl and Tcl). I know there are other aMSN features/plugins that I'm leaving out of the list, but that is due to already exist as official plugins (Buddy Notes), third party (Character Counter) or are characteristics that never use or never caught my attention.

This is a basic log to html conversor: http://jsfiddle.net/alexandernst/beSjr/
I'll keep updating it till there aren't any bugs.

PS: Forgot to describe how it works. Open one of your logs, paste it into the text area and hit the "Convert!" button.
Doing a quick test of your conversor I discovered that not working properly with characters from other languages (such ¿ or ñ from Spanish) but this can be fixed using UTF8 after convert text (maybe some of these functions can serve you).
Another thing that I noted is that the output text does not preserve the colors of the original log (I know that it seems trivial, but there are times when text highlighting makes it much easier to read). To fix this you can find useful the following code:
Code: (python)
import re

simple_colors = {"GRA": "gray","GRE": "green", "NOR": "black", "RED": "red"}
detector = re.compile('(?=\|"LC?(RED|GRA|NOR|GRE|[0-9a-f]{6})(.+))')
matches = detector.findall(logtext) # List containing tuples of the type (color, fragment)
# Order the list to longer fragment are at first and shorter at the end
matches.sort(key=lambda tuple: len(tuple[1]), reverse= True)
for color, fragment in matches:
    if simple_colors.has_key(color): html_color = simple_colors[color]
    else: html_color = "#" + color
    logtext = logtext.replace(fragment, '<span style="color:%s">%s</span>' % (html_color, fragment))
logtext = re.sub('\|"LC?(RED|GRA|NOR|GRE|[0-9a-f]{6})', "", logtext)
Although the code is in Python, should not be too difficult to convert at JQuery but do not know if this framework has something like the findall function or if it supports lookahead assertion in regular expressions.

[...]
About the other one, yes, I thought about making an "offline" version, but I need some more time
for that as I need to support all 3 OS (Windows, Linux and Mac).
[...]
I think that would be more practical to make a local viewer for the registers (so can be keep the original logs and there would be no redundant html files generated by a converter) and in theory only would take the "loging.tcl" module (and what it need to work) from aMSN and add a textbox to indicate the path where the program save the logs.
Another option is the Pidgin's "Log Reader" plugin (comes with the program) which can include logs from other IM clients in the program log viewer. Apparently this is compatible with the registers of Adium, MSN Messenger, aMSN, and Trillian but I had no luck when tested it with the account that I use in aMSN, does anyone that has succeeded make it work?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:24:31 am by justincase » Logged
justincase

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2013, 09:05:52 pm »

Just wanted to say that we officially know when will MSNP be closed. It will happen in March 2014 (yes, 2014, not a typo).
I think you are referring to the page here. However, it says that "Mobile Service Proxy (MSP)" will continue working until March 2014. It doesn't say anything about "MSNP".
Stadt

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2014, 06:25:59 pm »

The closedown is approaching so I would like to remind of the free, open source and secure alternative to Messenger: Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol.

Skype truly cannot be trusted as much as Messenger or XMPP especially in the light of last year's global news. Messenger seems to be still working so let's continue to observe.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:47:08 pm by Stadt » Logged
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2014, 09:40:47 pm »

XMPP is not a MSN alternative. XMPP is a protocol. Messenger is a client.

Also, you can trust Messenger the same way to can trust Skype . Both services belong to Microsoft, both are private, both are closed source.
asdolo

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2014, 11:18:28 pm »

hi, if i don't log into skype with the msn account, my account will disappear?
Stadt

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2014, 10:53:38 pm »

XMPP is not a MSN alternative. XMPP is a protocol. Messenger is a client.

Also, you can trust Messenger the same way to can trust Skype . Both services belong to Microsoft, both are private, both are closed source.

I'm referring to the Microsoft Messenger service which is not a client. Services using Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol generally are a great alternative to the Messenger service.

You are right about the latter. One cannot trust Messenger either but at least anyone could make a software for it, for Skype even that is not possible.
justincase

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2014, 02:09:13 am »

The end seems to be near, more precisely on October 31 according to http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/29/6082199/msn-messenger-shutting-down-15-years-history Cry
rosine

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2014, 06:38:35 pm »

Hello kids...
From 15 december Amsn  refuse connect me at server  (server denied)

Amsn is dead or new version is in study for using Skype protocol? (Like messenger live in the past?)

Do you have infos about this?
Thank you
Rosine

C'est super quand cela fonctionne
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2014, 02:44:08 pm »

aMSN isn't working anymore (neither some of the other unofficial MSN clients). This is caused by some recent changes in the protocol.
Some of the MSN clients managed to fix this. Sadly, we, the aMSN devs, don't have any spare time to fix it.

Answering your second question, no, we're not planing to release a new version of aMSN based on the Skype protocol.
rosine

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2015, 09:53:48 am »

Thank you. I'ts bad news.

Ps: I putting  in two forum same question due first in french forum due no many massages in french. After,  I decide making question in english forum, but my english is not so good.

Sorry and happy new year for everybody.
Rosine
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:37:59 am by rosine » Logged

C'est super quand cela fonctionne
bigbruno

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2016, 03:20:44 am »

Oh man, Amsn never die, we now working in fork to reenable using skype and facebook protocol, the fenix is back.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: