aMSN Forums
February 20, 2017, 02:38:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Login takes me to account page rather than Hotmail  (Read 27143 times)
kevinwalzer

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2012, 04:04:04 pm »

I've noticed a recent change in Hotmail and aMSN's interaction since Microsoft rolled out Outlook.com: aMSN no longer directly logs me into my Hotmail account but rather takes me to some kind of account landing page for live.com. There is no login link at this page. And, when I point my browser to hotmail.com, I can then log into the Hotmail site, but aMSN logs out because "I am logged in from another location." Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Is there a workaround for it?

I am using the latest released version of aMSN, and I am on OS X 10.7.
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:20:53 pm »

This is already a well known "bug" (or "feature"?). Search the forums!
kevinwalzer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 11:20:20 pm »

Not a helpful answer.

There are lots of answers about the "logged in from another location"--I haven't been able to find anything that describes my particular situation, specifically that aMSN doesn't log me into Hotmail anymore! This is a very recent change that appears to coincide with the changes MS is making in Hotmail/Outlook.com, and it doesn't appear to be documented anywhere else here.

Can you reproduce this issue on your system?
kevinwalzer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 11:38:06 pm »

To follow up:

Clicking on the "1 New Message in InBox" link in the main UI takes me to this page:

https://account.live.com/summarypage.aspx

rather than my inbox.

Why doesn't aMSN take me right to my inbox, as it used to? Is this a server-side MS issue or a bug I should report at SF?

Also, I'm sorry to harp on this, but cranky RTFM N00B replies aren't helpful, especially when I've already searched the forums...and especially considering that aMSN makes use of some of my code in the Mac version! Really, now.
johnnynobody

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 05:08:29 am »

I'd like to know why this happens also. It happens when using Pidgin also. But, emesene doesn't cause this problem so it appears to be a problem with Pidgin and AMSN. I'm running AMSN 0.98.9 on Ubuntu 12.10.
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 12:53:14 pm »

The "loged in from another place" error shows because as soon as you login in hotmail you're automatically signed in in "MSN" (as if it was a real MSN client). That means that aMSN disconnects itself because you signed from another MSN client (the hotmail web interface).

About the login link... What version are you using? This was fixed some time ago, so you should be using something old.
kevinwalzer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 11:33:12 pm »

I'm using svn version 12419.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: