aMSN Forums
December 13, 2018, 08:54:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amsn connection error!  (Read 5733 times)
athinamj

View Profile WWW
« on: July 27, 2012, 02:35:32 am »

Until yesterday my amsn was working flawlessly. Today I tried to log in and it came up with the following errors one each time:
1) Connection timed out
2) Cannot connect to server

I have tried almost everything I could think of. Reinstall current and previous versions, disable my modem router's firewall, log in from another computer (windows) and another internet connection, restart my mac. Nothing worked, I even tried to log in with Adium but no luck. I managed to log in by using Windows Messenger for Mac. I haven't made any alterations on my mac software (Lion 10.7.4) or internet settings since yesterday. I don't know what is the problem all of a sudden, I don't even have an antivirus program on my mac. Any suggestions would be helpful!
Zalbor
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 11:04:37 am »

Hi.

I don't think it's an aMSN-Mac issue, I can't log in with either aMSN or Pidgin for Linux either. WLM on Windows, on the other hand, worked perfectly.
Unless I see something to the contrary, I'll think that MS decided to block all clients except the official one.

EDIT: It's also possible that there has been a big change in the protocol which their official client had been prepared for beforehand, I guess.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:07:25 pm by Zalbor » Logged
Zalbor
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 04:09:06 pm »

I now can connect normally again.
While whatever that was was going on, other people could connect with Adium and Pidgin without problems.  Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: