aMSN Forums
June 20, 2018, 12:54:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: aMSN 0.98.9 disconnects when I attempt to send offline messages  (Read 6476 times)
strzyga

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2012, 12:02:28 pm »

Hi!

I haven't seen any other threads about this, so... as stated in the title, when I attempt to send offline messages using the newest version of aMSN, I am simply disconnected. With the previous version, I was, theoretically, able to send offline messages, but they weren't received by my contacts; with this version, all that happens is that I disconnect and it goes to the "reconnecting to server" interface (?). It also seems to take a little longer for the contact list to load with 0.98.9, which isn't necessarily a problem, just an observation.

Thank you Smiley

PS If this information is relevant, I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.4...
PPS I've just remembered something else. Whenever I receive an e-mail and open Hotmail while aMSN is open, I "disappear offline", almost as though I'm invisible, but I'm still able to communicate with people (?!).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:14:07 pm by strzyga » Logged
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 04:48:31 pm »

Hi, the first bug is because of how offline messages were sent. Microsoft changed the way they were sent, so it just wasn't working with aMSN.
As of 0.98.9 we kind of fixed that, but it will only work if you activate the protocol version 18 (which is disabled by default because of some really serious bugs).
So, to sum things: If you want OIM, I'll tell you how to get them, but expect everything to work badly. Or, wait for 0.99, which will have MSNP18 enabled by default and everything will work properly Smiley

About the second bug: if you login in hotmail, amsn it will act just like if you had logged in from another location.
strzyga

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 05:51:06 pm »

Ahhh, okay, thanks a lot for the information on both points! Since everything else is working just fine and I don't want to create complications, I'll just sit tight and patiently wait for the next version, I think Smiley
Nomad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 10:42:55 am »

Hi there, I've got the same problem under Mac OS X 10.6.8, so I guess it's not related to the OS we're running and you seem to have this one under control.
I'll just sit back and tell my girl to change her state to anthing else but Offline.

Muchas Thanks for your work, I just wish I could help somehow… perhaps with the Spanish Translation? Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: