aMSN Forums
November 30, 2020, 10:10:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disconnected when chatting with offline contacts  (Read 7493 times)
nick
Power user

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2012, 06:46:16 pm »

There are several days I noticed that when I try to write to an offline contact or if I answer to someone who is offline i get disconnected.. why??
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 09:14:55 pm »

I'll have a really longshot guess. (I love those :p)
You're using really really really latest SVN with a change that I made in order to support again OIM (but you didn't read the svn log and you didn't switched to p18) and you're still on p15.
You see, OIMs are working thanks to a new command that was introduced with p18. If you try to send that command while you're on p15 or lower, the MSN serve won't understand you, because you said it you'll "talk" it using p15, but you're "talking" with it using p18.

Short answer: Switch to p18 and live with the bad things it has or... don't use OIM until we get a stable release :p
nick
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 09:38:30 pm »

Hi alex thanks for your answer. Well I update my svn just now. What do "p15" and "p18" mean?
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 10:08:29 pm »

Protocols! MSNP15 and MSNP18.
tegeatis
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 01:24:36 am »

Short answer: Switch to p18 and live with the bad things it has or... don't use OIM until we get a stable release :p
I'm facing the same problem. What are the problems in using p18?
One of them is that it doesn't retrieve the new (uncached) display pictures?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:32:58 am by tegeatis » Logged
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 11:08:29 am »

You won't get DP (as you already thought). Also FT (file transfer) will work only between amsn <--> amsn with hight speed ( amsn <--> wlm will be slow). Also emoticons won't work.
SO, you'll basically get plain text + multipresense + OIM. Everything else will be half-working or not working at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: