aMSN Forums
July 18, 2018, 09:27:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: View aMSN Chat Logs - Without Using aMSN - As They're Meant To Look?  (Read 5861 times)
jessejames

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2012, 11:54:59 pm »

Hi,

I don't have access to the past email accounts I used with aMSN - they expired a couple years ago from non-use. I would like to view my past aMSN chat logs, as if I was reading them in aMSN's history (so they look like actual chats.)

I know how to view aMSN chat logs using the Console utility and TextEdit. Console and TextEdit format/alter the chat logs' text so they look slightly confusing when reading (headers for authentication or something? no emoticons, all one color font, etc.)

Is there a way to view aMSN chat logs, without using aMSN, so the chats look like actual chat conversations (not the slightly confusing text format when viewed using Console and TextEdit?)

Also, is it possible to create an email account, log into aMSN, then create/copy-paste all folders from a different aMSN email account (that isn't log in accessible anymore) into the new email account's sub-folders (so it's like they were always part of that aMSN file/folders,) then view the past chat conversations in aMSN's history, using that new email account?

Help is appreciated.
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 04:45:29 am »

Hi,

yes, in fact you can do just what you said! Go and copy the logs from your old account to the folder where your new account's logs are stored and then just view them with aMSN.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: