aMSN Forums
April 21, 2014, 06:46:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Own MSN client  (Read 2001 times)
vicky123

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2011, 12:51:55 pm »

Hi

I plan to write my own chat client which has the capability to support MSN chat also. The chat client shall be very similar to ebuddy or Nimbuzz.
It means that the chat client shall be for mobile devices. The mobile devices shall connect to our server which shall than connect to MSN server to allo MSN chat.
I would like to know how to move ahead with this.

Is an agreement with MSN required. I could find the ways on how to connect to MSN server for chat. It means, I am not doing anything illegal and there are several solutions available in the market.
I would like to know how to start this. Do I need to inform MSN about this. Do I need to get there permission. The chat server may not have more than 1000 logins per day in the start. Do I need to have a commercial negotiation.

I would highly appreciate any information regarding this. Thanx in advance.

--Vicky
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 11:46:20 pm »

Hi, first of all good luck with that project (looks like a hard one).
You don't need any MSN agreement/negotiation/permission (they won't give it to you anyways :p), just do the job (but do understand that reversing MSN protocol is not legal in most countries).
I really can't understand what's the point of making a proxy server between clients and MSN server, but you can try and see.it should be as simple as ... a proxy ... (if I understood the project right).
vivia
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 12:31:31 am »

Hi,

First of all, good luck for your project!!

I don't understand why users should use your server either. Just let them connect directly... That way you won't have to worry about agreements or permissions either. That should also get rid of several privacy questions ("why should this application upload my password?")

I'm not sure about official permissions. I've just noticed that eBuddy randomly picks one server out of a pool, so maybe you shouldn't have several connections from the same server after all. In any case, I don't see a good reason to not connect directly.

If you don't mind a personal request... I'd love a chat client for my Symbian phone, where I can open the application, type my password (NOT save it! Not even an application password to access my MSN password that's stored elsewhere!), login invisible, start chatting as invisible, and have my PSM intact back when I login with aMSN!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: