aMSN Forums
October 23, 2014, 10:55:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: AttributeError  (Read 8644 times)
Vistaus

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2011, 11:44:30 pm »

So I want to try out the newest aMSN. I use E17 as a DE on top of *buntu 11.04
I downloaded from git (I'm familiar with that and with testing), compiled all needed python-modules for the EFL-front-end and tried to run it. However, I end up with an empty window. The error I get is:

Code:
vistausss@vistausss-compaq:~/fromsvngit/amsn2$ ./amsn2.py -f efl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "evas.c_evas_object_callbacks.pxi", line 38, in evas.c_evas.cb_object_dispatcher2 (./evas/evas.c_evas.c:34143)
  File "/home/vistausss/fromsvngit/amsn2/amsn2/ui/front_ends/efl/main.py", line 16, in __on_show
    self._amsn_core.main_window_shown()
  File "/home/vistausss/fromsvngit/amsn2/amsn2/core/amsn.py", line 132, in main_window_shown
    self._ui_manager.load_login(accounts)
  File "/home/vistausss/fromsvngit/amsn2/amsn2/core/userinterface_manager.py", line 82, in load_login
    self._login.set_p2s(self._core.p2s)
AttributeError: 'aMSNLoginWindow' object has no attribute 'set_p2s'
^Cvistausss@vistausss-compaq:~/fromsvngit/amsn2$

The GTK-one works fine for as far as I tested it.

Do I still miss something or is it just a bug in the EFL-front-end?
Arch_

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 04:56:04 am »

So I want to try out the newest aMSN. I use E17 as a DE on top of *buntu 11.04
I downloaded from git (I'm familiar with that and with testing), compiled all needed python-modules for the EFL-front-end and tried to run it. However, I end up with an empty window. The error I get is:

Code:
vistausss@vistausss-compaq:~/fromsvngit/amsn2$ ./amsn2.py -f efl
  File "evas.c_evas_object_callbacks.pxi", line 38, in evas.c_evas.cb_object_dispatcher2 (./evas/evas.c_evas.c:34143)
  File "/home/vistausss/fromsvngit/amsn2/amsn2/ui/front_ends/efl/main.py", line 16, in __on_show
  File "/home/vistausss/fromsvngit/amsn2/amsn2/core/amsn.py", line 132, in main_window_shown
  File "/home/vistausss/fromsvngit/amsn2/amsn2/core/userinterface_manager.py", line 82, in load_login
^Cvistausss@vistausss-compaq:~/fromsvngit/amsn2$

The GTK-one works fine for as far as I tested it.

Do I still miss something or is it just a bug in the EFL-front-end?

It's likely a bug; it's still really early in development. The set_p2s is a newer function from what I've seen and was only implemented in a couple of front ends (not even the base class).
Vistaus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 09:36:19 am »

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Do you think it will be implemented in EFL soon? Does it still have a maintainer? Smiley
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 06:15:39 pm »

Yeah, I put that there because both GTk and Qt4 front ends were calling the core, and it was a hell of a mess. I changed it, but I didn't aplied the changes in EFL/Web/NCurses. You'll just have to wait for somebody to implement it (maybe I'll when I have enough time) (on vacations right now).

AFAIK billiob is behind the EFL and the web FE's.
Vistaus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 06:59:14 pm »

Okay, thanks! Smiley
Or is there any way that I can implement it? I know some Python, but I dunno EFL.
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 09:16:40 pm »

Yeah, sure, shouldn't be difficult to do. Just open login.py in Qt4 FE and search for the set_p2s function. Go to EFL's login.py and find the set of instructions that add the status items to the login status combobox (the code that looks exactly the same way as the code in set_p2s in Qt4 FE).

Cut that code and paste it into a function called set_p2s. You're done Smiley

If you do make it, please send me the patch and I'll merge it.
Vistaus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 11:35:46 pm »

Okay, thanks for the instructions. I'
Vistaus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 11:35:57 pm »

Okay, thanks for the instructions. I'm gonna try it tomorrow! Smiley
Vistaus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 03:23:03 pm »

So I fixed it. Then it returned another error with the Elementary-toolbar in window.py That was normal as the API has changed since the last revision of the EFL FE. So I fixed that too, but the FE is still broken as there is nothing in the login-window except for an empty, white area. But at least the output when running doesn't contain any error messages anymore. I have no experience with coding EFL (only with using it) but do with Python, so I probably can't fix this Sad
Vistaus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 03:36:16 pm »

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 04:16:30 am »

Please send a patch to those fixes at least, it might help someone else move ahead with the code (I might look at it later)

KaKaRoTo
snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 09:18:55 pm »

Hi everyone,

I know aMSN2 is not even in alpha release, but when I log in, with any frontend, here's the bug I get in the shell, while the gui is stuck on the "downloading contact list" message :
Code:
  File "./papyon/papyon/service/SOAPService.py", line 230, in _response_handler
    handler(callback, errback, response, user_data)
  File "./papyon/papyon/service/AddressBook/ab.py", line 202, in _HandleABFindAllResponse
    last_changes = response[0].find("./ab:lastChange")
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'

I'm not requesting anything, but if this other "AttributeError" report can be of any use to you...

Voyager 11.10
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 10:49:45 pm »

Shouldn't happen. Try using the script that I made for testing amsn2. You can find it around here.
snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 03:38:13 pm »

You're right, I wasn't using your script, because I was the one having troubles with it, but you solved it yesterday so it works now, thank you!

But, unfortunately, I get the same error with the script :
  • QT4:
Code:
qt4
  File "./papyon/papyon/service/AddressBook/ab.py", line 202, in _HandleABFindAllResponse
  • GTK :
Code:
gtk
  File "/home/xxx/Documents/Internet/aMSN/amsn2-git/amsn2/ui/front_ends/gtk/main.py", line 27, in __on_show
  File "/home/xxx/Documents/Internet/aMSN/amsn2-git/amsn2/core/amsn.py", line 132, in main_window_shown
  File "/home/xxx/Documents/Internet/aMSN/amsn2-git/amsn2/core/userinterface_manager.py", line 82, in load_login
Signing in to account xxx@hotmail.com
  • Curses:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):─────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│                                   File "/home/xxx/Documents/Internet/aMSN/amsn2-git/amsn2/ui/front_ends/curses/main.py", line 28, in __on_show           │
│                                                                       self._amsn_core.main_window_shown()                                                    │
│                            File "/home/xxx/Documents/Internet/aMSN/amsn2-git/amsn2/core/amsn.py", line 132, in main_window_shown                         │
│                                                         self._ui_manager.load_login(accounts)                                                                │
│                File "/home/xxx/Documents/Internet/aMSN/amsn2-git/amsn2/core/userinterface_manager.py", line 82, in load_login                            │
│                                                      self._login.set_p2s(self._core.p2s)                                                                     │
│         AttributeError: 'aMSNLoginWindow' object has no attribute 'set_p2s'
  • Web:
Code:
web
Now, open your favorite browser and go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/
  File "/home/xxx/Documents/Internet/aMSN/amsn2-git/amsn2/ui/front_ends/web/tinyhttpserver.py", line 78, in on_headers
    get_cb(self, self._uri, self._headers)
  File "/home/xxx/Documents/Internet/aMSN/amsn2-git/amsn2/ui/front_ends/web/bend.py", line 125, in get_index
    self._core.main_window_shown()
  File "/home/xxx/Documents/Internet/aMSN/amsn2-git/amsn2/core/amsn.py", line 132, in main_window_shown
  File "/home/xxx/Documents/Internet/aMSN/amsn2-git/amsn2/core/userinterface_manager.py", line 82, in load_login

If this can be useful to you... Sorry, I only used the script to install aMSN2, I perhaps lack of something obvious, creating this bug.
    I know about set_2ps, function mentionned above, but I thought it could perhaps help you knowing how those frontends react over here...
    « Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 03:42:23 pm by snipe2004 » Logged

Voyager 11.10
    alexandernst
    Developers
    Super Power User

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 09:43:04 pm »

That is really weird :s.
    Could you try to delete the whole amsn-git folder and then tell the script to download/update amsn2 again?
    Pages: [1] 2
      Print  

Jump to: