aMSN Forums
August 02, 2014, 01:22:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: AMSN Disconnection error "Signed in from another location"  (Read 14139 times)
tatsu011

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:03:51 pm »

I know for a fact that I am not signed in from anywhere else.  Is there a fix for this?

I can sign in from the regular MSN client.  I cant sign in from the 2011 client and it makes me sad because AMSN is far superior to regular msn. Sad
nick
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 04:45:22 pm »

There was same kind of discussion here, still waiting for solving..
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 05:43:02 pm »

Make sure to login in hotmail, configure it (can't remember where exactly, just search for it) to _not_ use msn protocol while viewing inbox, then logout.
Your problem should be fixed.
nick
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 07:13:35 pm »

Make sure to login in hotmail, configure it (can't remember where exactly, just search for it) to _not_ use msn protocol while viewing inbox, then logout.
Your problem should be fixed.

Well, you refer about windows live preferences web page or amsn software settings?
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 08:03:48 pm »

Windows live preferences web page, sorry for the bad formed explanation  Embarrassed
nick
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 09:32:20 pm »

I'm searching about that, no good results.. can you find that?    Undecided
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 05:03:14 pm »

Look at the tab at the top of your hotmail window, there will be a 'messenger', click on sign out from there, then amsn should be able to connect.
Stadt

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 11:31:53 pm »

Look at the tab at the top of your hotmail window, there will be a 'messenger', click on sign out from there, then amsn should be able to connect.

This happens even if you are signed out from Hotmail's messenger.

By the way, this was the first topic about this issue:
http://www.amsn-project.net/forums/index.php?topic=8189.0 29 January 2011
nick
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 01:35:20 pm »

But I'm not connected from that messenger, in fact i only can sign in if I go on Hotmail messenger

This happens even if you are signed out from Hotmail's messenger.

Indeed, even signing in and then signing out from the Hotmail messenger the issue remains
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 10:24:41 pm »

Are you able to sign in with another msn client? Maybe pidgin or ebuddy? If so, try connecting using one of them, then disconnect and then try to connect with amsn. Tell me if you're able to login.
silverygit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 01:55:53 am »

I am getting extremly annoyed at Amsn, it does this about 15 times beofore it qorks, and ebuddy works perfectly fine at any time.

Will this EVER be resolved?
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 05:06:43 pm »

I really don't know what to do. After a small chat with another dev, we decided to give a try to the new msn 18 protocol version. It's not fully implemented, so you won't have emoticons/display pictures/voice clips/audio-video, but you'll be able to do multipresence and login without problems (or at least I hope that).
To switch to P18 go to the main aMsn window and hit Ctrl + S. In the window that will show up write ::config::setKey protocol 18
Then restart aMsn.
Please give me some feedback about that.
arpoodle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 12:33:03 pm »

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread with my first post, but I've started getting the same problem, and this seems to be the most recent thread discussing it (or else my search-fu is weak).

I can be logged in via Pidgin no problem, but amsn seems to insist I'm logged in elsewhere.  I've verified that I'm not logged in via live.com.

One thing I have noticed, is that if I fire up my windows VM, and log into the MSN messenger in there, then I can then log into AMSN in my host Linux OS.  It logs me out of MSN in the Windows VM as you'd expect, and then continues to operate fine. It's not much of a fix, but is an interesting observation.

a
nick
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 01:49:34 pm »

About my situation: the issue of "disconnected.." comes up when trying to check my hotmail mail box when I'm online in my amsn client, but this happens sometimes and not everytime..
soupdragon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 03:47:08 pm »

Yes I had the same problem, as alexandernst says make sure you're not logged into messenger on the Hotmail web page - click the tab marked "messenger" and make sure you're signed out - if you're signed in to Messenger SSL encryption seems to be on - page will begin with a "HTTPS://" - this seems to make the servers think you're signed in at two places at once, presumably because aMSN doesn't support SSL -
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: