aMSN Forums
October 31, 2020, 10:41:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.98.4 problems with Icon-Menu and right-click menu  (Read 5815 times)
BurningWave

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2010, 05:27:00 pm »

Hello,
I just installed the new Version of aMSN but now there are 2 problems.

First, the Icon-Menu doesn't react to clicks. If it appears, there is no reaction to the pointer and nothings works.
Next, the right-click menu in the Contactwindows has the same problem but this menu sometimes works well but not all the time.

I do not know why this is so but clicking on the Icon-Menu brings my CPU to 100% utilization.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 05:37:22 pm by BurningWave » Logged
tdttester

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 06:59:20 pm »

I'm experiencing the same problems.

Seems that on aMSN 0.98.4 Mac package the developers have updated Tcl & Tk Frameworks to latest version (8.5.9).

I have tried lots of times to run aMSN with other more recent versions of Tcl & Tk Frameworks (included 8.6 betas), but this problem is present if you use other Tcl & Tk Frameworks different of 8.5.3

I don't know why. Is it a problem of aMSN binaries? Is it an issue of Tcl & Tk?

To fix this issue I replaced the following folders on the new aMSN package with the ones included on older versions:

Inside /Applications/aMSN.app/Contents/, replace the Frameworks folder.
Inside /Applications/aMSN.app/Contents/MacOS/, replace the aMSN file.

In other words, downgrade the Tcl & Tk Frameworks to version 8.5.3, the only that runs well with the icon-menu.

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:46:04 pm »

That sucks, I thought that was fixed a while ago.. I will recreate the packages with the 8.5.3.. anyways that version seemed stable enough, so there's no real reason to 'upgrade'..
Thanks for reporting.

KaKaRoTo
tdttester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 11:05:21 pm »

Kakaroto, I want to try to debug this issue a bit. Maybe I could find the source of it.

Where are you downloading the frameworks to embed aMSN?

The link that I was using some months ago ( http://www.categorifiedcoder.info/tcltk/ ) is not working now.

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 04:20:07 am »

Hi,
I've recreated a new dmg using tcl/tk 8.5.3, please redownload and see if it works now.

@tdttester: I got the sources directly from http://tcl.tk and compiled it myself, there are some good tutorials on how to build the embeded tcl/tk. Let me know if you want me to paste my script (just don't feel like powering up the mac, otherwise, i would have pasted it now).

KaKaRoTo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: