aMSN Forums
August 19, 2018, 07:13:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New music for iTunes: please test Snow Leopard users  (Read 6039 times)
nicolunacba
Super Power User

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2010, 10:15:43 pm »

Hi! I am back after a nice glaucoma... I am ok so... Here we go! Smiley I was reading comments about the music plugin for iTunes in OS X Snow Leopard. So, I writed this copying the Unix info files (for Linux and BSDs). Mac OS X is a BSD, so, using the wonderful Shell Script and Osascript, I writed another one.

Please, test it. It works for me. Go to /Applications/aMSN.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/plugins/music/ and paste the files (maybe needs to set as executable the file "infoitunes", so open the terminal, go to the directory with files and do "chmod +x infoitunes).

The files is:
http://nicolunacba-projects.zzl.org/files_to_replace_in_music.zip

Sourcecode (how it works):

#!/bin/bash
# by nicolunacba 2010

#Check if iTunes is Open
ACTIVE=`osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to (name of processes) contains "iTunes"'`
if [[ $ACTIVE == "false" ]]; then
        echo 0
        exit 0
fi

#Get info ... UPDATE! Fixed typo
ARTIST=`osascript -e 'tell application "iTunes" to do shell script "echo " & "\"" & (artist of current track) & "\""'`
TITLE=`osascript -e 'tell application "iTunes" to do shell script "echo " & "\"" & (name of current track) & "\""'`

echo 1

#Print it as a normal Unix shellscript :-)
echo $ARTIST
echo $TITLE

exit 0

Try pressing play and stop (in the icon of aMSN) until text appears. Or be patient. It's an script :-P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:44:34 pm by nicolunacba » Logged

I am a Mac user, but I use it like a Unix system ... Terminal.app for life!
nicolunacba
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 02:01:07 am »

no one can test it?

I am a Mac user, but I use it like a Unix system ... Terminal.app for life!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: