aMSN Forums
October 26, 2014, 02:48:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: ..just wondering ..  (Read 29691 times)
kp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2006, 10:21:10 pm »

Just got the latest SVN and I see ctrl + m is the shortcut Cheesy .
FdB
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2006, 04:12:53 pm »

Just had an idea that might be useful! I've hidden my menus and aMSN looks nicer.. I always try to avoid menus at maximum, I don't know why, I DO use them, I just don't like them to be visible. So I was wondering, can you trap the ALT key? It's usually used to access the menus, right (MS Windoze)? So I was wondering, if when the menus are hidden, if the user presses the ALT key, they would show, and if they lose focus, they'd get back to they're previous state... I don't know if tk allows you to trap these events, like menu unfocus and the others. Anyway, the hide menu option rules!! Wink Wink
snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2006, 09:41:11 pm »

Quote from: "FdB"
Just had an idea that might be useful! I've hidden my menus and aMSN looks nicer.. I always try to avoid menus at maximum, I don't know why, I DO use them, I just don't like them to be visible. So I was wondering, can you trap the ALT key? It's usually used to access the menus, right (MS Windoze)? So I was wondering, if when the menus are hidden, if the user presses the ALT key, they would show, and if they lose focus, they'd get back to they're previous state... I don't know if tk allows you to trap these events, like menu unfocus and the others. Anyway, the hide menu option rules!! Wink Wink

+1, that would be great I think Tongue

Voyager 11.10
mtz4life

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2006, 10:45:32 pm »

if the user presses the ALT key, they would show, and if they lose focus, they'd get back to they're previous state

what do you mean by "..if they loose focus.."? .wont this be cumbersome? unpredictable? ..everytime a new window shows up(regardless of where it came from) it takes the focus and when this option ..you will have to click amsn windows and hide it again ...you will have to do this everytime you open a new chat windows since they take the focus when they show up..

PCLinuxOS, radically simple
"Linux is evolution, not intelligent design" - linus torvalds
snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2006, 10:52:07 pm »

I'm not sure, but I think he wanted to say that when you push Alt, it activates the menu (and allows you to switch from one to another using the arrows), and when u stop pushing, it hides the menus.

Voyager 11.10
FdB
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2006, 10:56:12 pm »

Quote from: "snipe2004"
I'm not sure, but I think he wanted to say that when you push Alt, it activates the menu (and allows you to switch from one to another using the arrows), and when u stop pushing, it hides the menus.

Nope not like that, pess alt (and release) the menu would show up (focused (as If you did this when it is already showing!)) what I mean by unfocus is just the actual hiding of a menu.. kind of when you are browsing the menus it has "focus" and if you click an option or somewhere else it looses focus, just like it happens already!! If stilll you can't understand me I'll make some screenshots Wink Wink
snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2006, 11:15:10 pm »

Well... I don't understand Cheesy Anyone can translate it in french lol ?
No, but what do u mean by "focus"? I think I misunderstand it, that's why I cant 'understand the whole post Wink

Voyager 11.10
FdB
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2006, 11:32:10 pm »

Hmm let me see... go to aMSN.. make sure the menu is visible.. now click "Account" or "View" or whatever.. that's what I mean by "focus" (maybe not the right word, sorry :S) now, click any menu option, whatever it is.. the "menu" (not the menubar) disappears... What I meant was, for us wierd guys that like to hide the menu bar, what it is hidden, we press Alt and it would show the menubar, and focus it so we could navigate trough it by using the keyboard.. when we select an option or click anywhere else, the menu would disappear as it already does and so would the menubar.. got me? :S
snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2006, 05:29:13 pm »

Quote from: "FdB"
Hmm let me see... go to aMSN.. make sure the menu is visible.. now click "Account" or "View" or whatever.. that's what I mean by "focus" (maybe not the right word, sorry :S) now, click any menu option, whatever it is.. the "menu" (not the menubar) disappears... What I meant was, for us wierd guys that like to hide the menu bar, what it is hidden, we press Alt and it would show the menubar, and focus it so we could navigate trough it by using the keyboard.. when we select an option or click anywhere else, the menu would disappear as it already does and so would the menubar.. got me? :S

I think I got it : u mean the word gets "pushed" when u're on it, that's it?

Well I agree with you, that would be a good thing Wink

Voyager 11.10
FdB
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2006, 07:04:39 pm »

Quote from: "snipe2004"
I think I got it : u mean the word gets "pushed" when u're on it, that's it?

Yeap they get pushed when you are browsing the menu, what I wanted was:
I have the menus hidden, but I need to access them. So instead of "Ctrl+M", *menu browsing*, "Ctrl+M" I would just do "ALT" and Menu browsing, so they would Show up when alt is pressed and disapear again when an option is selected or somewhere else is clicked (imagine you are browsing the menus but you DON'T want to select an option.). Can you get me? I hope so Smiley
mtz4life

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2006, 07:20:35 pm »

If stilll you can't understand me I'll make some screenshots

..this reminds me of something i read a while ago online about screen shots ..it goes like this:

developer: hallo guys, guess what i just made a really nice program ..it ..

people: can we see some screen shots, please?

developer: yes, in a minute, my programs is so cool because ..

people: where are the screenshots?

developer: in a minute, it its so revolutionary because ...

people: screenshots!!!

developer: fine, here they are ..

people: ..aah,what are we supposed to be seeing? .

developer: its a terminal emulator ..what did you expect to see? ..well when you typing on the terminal, it ... ..

people: you suck !!!

Cheesy

PCLinuxOS, radically simple
"Linux is evolution, not intelligent design" - linus torvalds
snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2006, 07:36:14 pm »

Cheesy that's true Tongue But don't worry I didn't ask for screenshots Wink

Voyager 11.10
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print