aMSN Forums
April 20, 2014, 09:25:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: ..just wondering ..  (Read 28382 times)
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 12:20:28 am »

hello mtz4life... indeed, it looks nice without menus Smiley I just added the functionality for chatwindows, you tell me if a bug arises...
btw, where is opera 9 preview ? I can't get it, do you need to be a beta tester or do I need to search in the opera community ?

KaKaRoTo
mtz4life

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 02:15:39 am »

..i found it here..
http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=122915 ..i downloaded the windows version there and my linux version from my distro repository .

..thanks man, on my way to download the latest cvs ...i'll keep you posted if anything arises, though unlikely ..( i have confidence in your coding ..smile..) ..

PCLinuxOS, radically simple
"Linux is evolution, not intelligent design" - linus torvalds
mtz4life

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 03:17:10 am »

..ups, spoke too soon ..smile..
it doesnt seem to remember the option, everytime i open the window, i have to ctrl+m to hide the menu bar ..but take your time ..i can leave with this ...i am just a very, very, very happy user now ..chatting with my girl right now ..ok ..sharing too much ..gotta go ..thank you very much ...

Phil
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 01:25:34 pm »

Done in CVS by KaKaRoTo

Phil

AMsn is great, and it will be greater :wink:
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 06:16:55 pm »

humm.. yeah, indeed, remembering the stting would be better.. I'll see what I can do, but now I'm a bit busy, so maybe later...

KaKaRoTo
mtz4life

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 11:18:00 pm »

..bump..smile..
.i hate people bumpig up posts but i am just assuming .96 is just around the corner and ...and ...and ..and.... Cheesy ..trying not to be pushy but ..its not working ..i should go take a nap ..it might help ..later

my greetings to all amsn team and users..

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 07:17:36 am »

humm... sorry, and no, you're not pushy, on the contrary, I prefer that than the subject being forgotten (like it usually is)...
problem is that I'm not so sure anymore.. I'd hate to have people reporting "my menus disappeared" all of a sudden because they accidently touched that binding...
also, it would be a bit difficult to implement it... it would be easy for the contact list, but what about the chatwindows ? have the same setting for all chat windows ? or save it per user, or per container (tabbed chat) ?
if you can provide me with a good solution, I'm willing to do it.

KaKaRoTo
mtz4life

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 11:53:01 pm »

..the way i use it right now the minute amsn is running, is clicking ctrl+m to hide it ..when i want something from it(very rarely), i just use that combination to unhide it ,,kind of like the way i use konqueror thought konqueror starts with the menu hidden(since its configurable that way) ..

..i think it will be easier if it was the same for all chat windows..consistency is good, having different windows opening in different ways is not a good idea ..IMHO ..

..i believe kopete does this ..i dont have it here with me to verify but i think if you close a chatwindow in kopete without menu bar, it will open next time without it too and vise versa ..it just hides the menu bar ..

..i can understand windows people or gnome people not knowing about it ..its not that important thought ..it becomes an issue when i chat with those people and i close a chat windows everytime i say something and then ctrl+m when they say something back and openning a new window in the process ..

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 06:21:44 am »

ok.. so you suggest the same everywhere... in which case, if you press ctrl-m on a chat window, all already existing chat windows should also make the menu disappear ?
interesting... I'll try to see if I can do something like that...
but I got an idea about how we could make this setting saved! Smiley

KaKaRoTo
mtz4life

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 02:20:40 pm »

..as in kde, the only thing ctrl+m does is hiding/showing the menu bar ..the easiest way to do it is to have a boolean setting somewhere. before a new chatwindow opens, it will go and read this setting, if its on, it will open with menu bar ..if its off, it will open it without it ..same goes with me CL??? ..the main window, where all the online/offline contacts are(dont know what its called)

..changing the menu bar on already opened windows seems like too much effort to me  Cheesy since you will have to pay attention to how many windows are opened and then go and change all of them ..but it will be nicer that way since it will be unlikely to want to see the menu bar on one window and not on the other ..i use tabs in having multiple chats so it wont affect me personally..

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 03:06:16 pm »

the best thing to do is to hide/show on all opened windows to keep consistency.. imagine you have a boolean, you hide in one window, boolean is set to 'false', you hide on another window.. boolean should remain false, or should become true? will you need to 'ctrl-m' twice ? etc...
my idea is to have a value set to '-1' (not set), when you first press ctrl-m, it will prompt the user "you pressed ctrl-m, this shortcut will enable you to remove the menubar, blablabla", then it will become 0, then 1, then 0, then 1, etc...
we should have a different setting from the CL (Contact List) and the CW (Chat Window).
Now, it won't be easy (I think) to do it, but it's still possible.
question now.. what happens if you change the profile to a profile which has a different setting for menus ? should the menus appear/disappear ? that's also troublesome.. but doable...
anyways, that's why i said it would be troublesome to implement it, but hey, we're here to suffer, right? :p

KaKaRoTo
mtz4life

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 06:12:57 pm »

..true, true .it will be a mess if it wont be done to all opened windows ..so basically..when the shortcut is pressed, the the hiding/unhiding should be done on all opened windows and the setting be stored somewhere for the next time a window is opened..i wonder how kopete does this ..i only use one chat window(with tabs for multiple chats) so i dont know how it is handles when multiple windows are opened ..i am not home now and wont be for the next couple of days so i cant test to see how it works ..

..i like the -1,then 0,1,0,1,0 idea ..it seems to be the best..

..the setting could be profile specific and turned off by default or in a non profile usage ...it could be kind of like the way the banner is ..i have two amsn profiles, one has a banner on and another off ...when i change the profiles, the banner appear/disappear based on what profile i chose ..this setting could work the same way..

..i dont believe any skin has any special use of menu, so i dont imagine breaking any amsn skin, right?

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 10:25:35 pm »

sounds terrific.
I'm curious to know what kopete does...
in the meantime, I'll try to do it, the way you just said.

KaKaRoTo
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 11:28:27 pm »

SVN revision 6963 : Implement everything said here... log message is :

amn it, I lost my log message somehow.. anyways, I added show/hide functionality consistency to the CL and the CW.
When you hide the menu of chat window, the change is done on all other chat windows.
The setting is now saved to your config, when you restart amsn, you'll keep the setting.
You have a separate setting from the chat window and the contact list.
When you first hide your menu in the CW or CL, a confirmation message is shown and the hotkey is reminded to the user who may have accidently pressed ctrl-m.

KaKaRoTo
mtz4life

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 03:36:51 am »

..just got home..
ok, i dont see any apparent order with kopete ..testing with two hotmail accounts and one yahoo account ..

when two windows are open, hiding/showing the menu bar on one window doesnt affect the other window ..if one window has its menu bar hidden and the other one showed ..the third window window seems to pick whatever setting it wants ...if there is only one window open, the next window will open with whatever setting the opened window has and kopete can start with  the menu bar hidden if it was closed without it ..

ok ..going to download the latest svn now ..smile..

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: