aMSN Forums
October 18, 2018, 02:27:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Webcam issue  (Read 25299 times)
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 09:35:45 pm »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
huh? the white screen problem only happens with mac users, and that's caused by the mac's firewall!

well it seems there are Windows users with this issue also...possibly a very different cause?

Quote from: "w0lverine"
Hello,

I'm using 0.97RC1 of aMSN on Windows XP SP2. Few days ago, my webcam was working perfectly, online. Then, i activated the router function of my modem and i got a white screen as a webcam picture sent to my contacts. I routed ports 6891 to 6900 in both TCP and UDP and the "You are behind a router !" message went out. But i still have the white screen when i send my cam to my contacts... The cam is working perfectly on Windows Live Messenger, though - but i heard that a library that runs webcam was included in WLM's programming language (C# ?) and not TCL.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

I know this was dated Aug 07 but others have reported thsi recently also and I had it for a few SVN revisions until I updated to r9550 last week. I made no port forwarding or triggering changes recently other than for an ftp server I installed last week and for vnc 2 months ago.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1!
clookie
Power user

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 10:29:13 pm »

Quote from: "H@t Trick"
Quote from: "kakaroto"
huh? the white screen problem only happens with mac users, and that's caused by the mac's firewall!

well it seems there are Windows users with this issue also...possibly a very different cause?

wel I did, I thought I had to tell you guys that it happened on my vista too lately, not that it's that a big deal for me because of this:
although I am able to have a cam session if I pause it and then recontinue it, so it's only a white screen when I start a new session, maybe not exactly the same...

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 09:18:42 am »

Well it seems whatever was causing this for me is gone since updating to 9555 or 9565 (my last two revisions, not sure which one fixed it, I think 9555 was the fix for me).

There's no place like 127.0.0.1!
munizbc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 01:38:20 am »

Hi

Im using Snow Leopard (10.6 - not the 10.6.2), firewall disabled in Mac OS, amsn 0.98.1, dlink dir-300 latest firmware (UPNP capable). I used to have cam problems (white screen, connection timeout etc.) with aMsn, Mercury, Yahoo Messenger. It only worked in Skype.

But maybe it was related to port forwarding, since I enabled DMZ on router dlink and everything worked as expected. AMSN is working nicely, though it is only a temporary solution. I guess windows install some client services to do these NAT things when the two parties are both behind router/firewall.

Best Regards

Quote from: kakaroto

Quote from: w0lverine
Hello,

I'm using 0.97RC1 of aMSN on Windows XP SP2. Few days ago, my webcam was working perfectly, online. Then, i activated the router function of my modem and i got a white screen as a webcam picture sent to my contacts. I routed ports 6891 to 6900 in both TCP and UDP and the "You are behind a router !" message went out. But i still have the white screen when i send my cam to my contacts... The cam is working perfectly on Windows Live Messenger, though - but i heard that a library that runs webcam was included in WLM's programming language (C# ?) and not TCL.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

I know this was dated Aug 07 but others have reported thsi recently also and I had it for a few SVN revisions until I updated to r9550 last week. I made no port forwarding or triggering changes recently other than for an ftp server I installed last week and for vnc 2 months ago.
arantes
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 05:35:36 pm »

Hello and welcome to the forums,
About uPnP, amsn doesn't do it. Why don't you just forward the ports ?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: