aMSN Forums
May 28, 2018, 10:47:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music plugin not showing itunes music  (Read 10852 times)
Nontechmike

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2009, 02:18:51 am »

I have 2 users on the same iMac.  Both have the music plugin loaded and configured the same.  Both show the music symbol in the personal message area but only one actually shows the music playing on iTunes.  The one not working does not have Admin rights if that is of interest.  I get no error messages.  I do not have the adobe application loaded so no files that I can delete as per older posts on this topic.

PS we both also run Skype and both successfully show music playing.
Nontechmike

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 02:21:50 am »

Sorry - had meant to say I am running Mac OS X 10.6.2 and have the latest Music plugin (Ver 1.6) and version 0.98.1 of aMSN
nicolunacba
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 03:23:35 am »

Hello Smiley This topic was discussed in the forums. By the way, It doesn't work if you have installed Ps or Google Video for GMail. You'll need to delete some files. Again, search in the forum. I can't remember now what files are.

Good Luck Smiley

PD: If you cannot find the posts, ask again and I'll help. We're busy sorry Sad

I am a Mac user, but I use it like a Unix system ... Terminal.app for life!
Nontechmike

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 10:14:56 am »

I did the search before posting but as i said in my original post I do not have the files that are recommended for deletion.  I don't have Ps (?) or Google Video for Gmail installed - in fact I don't have any other plugs installed except for nudge.  In any event both users have the same plugins loaded and one suffers the problem and the other doesn't.

Any other ideas?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 08:37:37 pm »

it's not about amsn plugins, it's about stuff installed on your system.. press Ctrl-P to get the plugins log and see which error it throws at you, that should tell you what goes wrong and which file to delete if any.

KaKaRoTo
Nontechmike

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 12:54:40 am »

Thanks for the advice.  Used Cmd-P to get the error report:-

[23:28:39] core: save_config: saving plugin config for user Julie_ivell@hotmail.com in /Users/Julie/Library/Application Support/amsn/Julie_ivell_hotmail_com
[23:28:39] core: save_config: saving plugin config_file. Opening of file returned : file27
[23:28:39] core: Getting Nudge and plugin_namespace
[23:28:39] core: Nudge_plugin_namespace
[23:28:39] core: save_config: Saving from Nudge's namespace: Nudge
[23:28:39] core: Getting Music and plugin_namespace
[23:28:39] core: Music_plugin_namespace
[23:28:39] core: save_config: Saving from Music's namespace: music
[23:28:39] core: save_config: Plugins config saved
[23:28:46] core: save_config: saving plugin config for user Julie_ivell@hotmail.com in /Users/Julie/Library/Application Support/amsn/Julie_ivell_hotmail_com
[23:28:46] core: save_config: saving plugin config_file. Opening of file returned : file27
[23:28:46] core: Getting Nudge and plugin_namespace
[23:28:46] core: Nudge_plugin_namespace
[23:28:46] core: save_config: Saving from Nudge's namespace: Nudge
[23:28:46] core: Getting Music and plugin_namespace
[23:28:46] core: Music_plugin_namespace
[23:28:46] core: save_config: Saving from Music's namespace: music
[23:28:46] core: save_config: Plugins config saved
[23:28:46] Music: Actualsong isn't yet defined by asynchronous exec
[23:28:46] Music: Get song: 0
[23:28:46] Music: Error retreiving song : Play
Cantus - Song Of Tears
Adiemus
/Users/Shared/iTunes/iTunes Music/Compilations/The Classic Chillout Album (Disc 2)/17 Cantus - Song Of Tears.mp3
/Users/Julie/Library/Application Support/amsn/plugins/artworkitunes.jpg
osascript: couldn't save changes to script /Applications/aMSN.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/plugins/music/display_and_send.scpt: Permission denied
[23:29:16] Music: Actualsong isn't yet defined by asynchronous exec
[23:29:16] Music: Get song: 0
[23:29:16] Music: Error retreiving song : Play
Cantus - Song Of Tears
Adiemus
/Users/Shared/iTunes/iTunes Music/Compilations/The Classic Chillout Album (Disc 2)/17 Cantus - Song Of Tears.mp3
/Users/Julie/Library/Application Support/amsn/plugins/artworkitunes.jpg
osascript: couldn't save changes to script /Applications/aMSN.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/plugins/music/display_and_send.scpt: Permission denied

So problem seems to be a permission issue.
1. /Users/Julie/Library/Application Support/amsn/plugins/artworkitunes.jpg - checked the permissions on this file and it included Julie with read/write permission.

2. /Applications/aMSN.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/plugins/music/display_and_send.scpt - changed permission on aMSN.app to include Julie but still no joy.

I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious but I'm brand new to Mac's (only got it last week) and still finding my way - that's my excuse anyway!

I really would appreciate your further help.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 02:36:53 am »

ok.. fun fun fun.. I don't know why this stupid thing even tries to overwrite the file.. I guess it's a newer version of osascript and it recompiled it with a new ABI or something... I think the solution would be to ignore whether or not it succeeded in executing the script, but to actually look at the result and hope that those errors are not returned.. but I think it outputs those errors still, so it sucks.. arg.. I hate this!

KaKaRoTo
Nontechmike

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 05:19:43 pm »

Is there anything I can do to work around this?

Its odd that only 1of the 2 users of the iMac has this problem??
Nontechmike

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 12:15:55 am »

Any suggestions?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 01:24:23 am »

I don't really know.. but here's a possible solution, open the ScriptEditor  from Applications->Apple Script (if I remember correctly), open the file /Applications/aMSN.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/plugins/music/display_and_send.scpt
then save it again...
see if it helps.

KaKaRoTo
Nontechmike

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 02:34:01 am »

I fixed the problem.
What I was doing wrong was checking access rights to the file "/Users/Julie/Library/Application Support/amsn/plugins/music/display_and_send.scpt" instead of the file "/Applications/aMSN.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/plugins/music/display_and_send.scpt"
When I checked the latter I found that Julie did not have read & write permission.  Changed that and hey presto it all worked again.
Thanks form the help.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 10:59:07 am »

ok great! Smiley Glad it got fixed! It sucks though that mac's apple script needs write access to the file, it's just stupid !

KaKaRoTo
Daniii

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 04:33:41 am »

Hey Kakaroto (:
I would also need your help to tell me how to fix my itunes plugin error, please.
Cause songs wont show on my amsn.
And im using a mac.

And, heres what my plugins log says:

[19:20:46] Music: Error retreiving song : Play
Shake It
Rediscover
/Users/Daniela_G./Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/rediscover/Call Me When You Get This/Shake It.mp3
/Users/Daniela_G./Library/Application Support/amsn/plugins/artworkitunes.png
osascript: couldn't save changes to script /Volumes/aMSN 0.98.3/aMSN.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/plugins/music/display_and_send.scpt: error 4294967235.
[19:20:49] Music: Error retreiving song : Play
Shake It
Rediscover
/Users/Daniela_G./Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/rediscover/Call Me When You Get This/Shake It.mp3
/Users/Daniela_G./Library/Application Support/amsn/plugins/artworkitunes.png
osascript: couldn't save changes to script /Volumes/aMSN 0.98.3/aMSN.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/plugins/music/display_and_send.scpt: error 4294967235.

Hope to hear your quick reply soon. (:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: