aMSN Forums
May 26, 2018, 09:17:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All contacts connect at the same time I do (II)  (Read 6506 times)
Fibonacci
Power user

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2009, 05:12:17 am »

Hello.

Well, I remember having experienced this bug: http://www.amsn-project.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6557
Then I remember it being fixed.
Now it's happening again. Every time I connect to MSN, a whole load of messages telling me that "so-and-so has just connected" clutter up my screen making aMSN (or any other graphical app, for that matter) unusable for some time.

So how can I prevent that?

Thanks,

-Fibo
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 09:34:43 pm »

Humm.. maybe it's because your internet was too slow and aMSN thought it finished receiving the initial status of your contacts, but then it got some new ones and that's why it happened.

KaKaRoTo
Fibonacci
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 10:13:12 pm »

Do you mean it was slow when I saw it fixed, or when it reappeared?
NGF

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 06:19:16 pm »

I have the same problem since i bought a new computer and started using 0.98.1. therefore, i used 0.97.2, but with 0.98.1 and 0.99b i have this problem also and my internet hasn't slowed down;) But I have those popups disabled, so i see it only on the bottom of the amsn screen..
nicolunacba
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 08:51:23 pm »

@Fibonacci and NGF: The problem of "all login at same time" always existed (since MSN servers are crazy lol), we solved it setting a time for non-popup notifications (5 secs I think). So, if your connection or login is slow, after passed those 5 secs, the notifications'll be showed.

If I am wrong, correct me Kakaroto xD.

I am a Mac user, but I use it like a Unix system ... Terminal.app for life!
Fibonacci
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 08:52:00 pm »

Quote from: "NGF"
I have the same problem since i bought a new computer and started using 0.98.1. therefore, i used 0.97.2, but with 0.98.1 and 0.99b i have this problem also and my internet hasn't slowed down;) But I have those popups disabled, so i see it only on the bottom of the amsn screen..

That could be a workaround to the cluttering problem, but then I won't see when someone *actually* comes online, because I keep that window closed.

Also, my connection speed, if anything, has quadrupled when I started seeing that bug again.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 02:02:44 am »

press ctrl-D and paste me in private the output of the protocol log when you just started connecting, i'll have a look.
@nicolunacba: yep, you're right, and it's 5 seconds.. weird, I thought it was 60 seconds.. maybe I should increase the timeout to.. 20 seconds? we should be safe with that, no ?

KaKaRoTo
nicolunacba
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 02:57:38 am »

@kakaroto: errr, no please xD. 10 seconds maybe is right xD. I'm spying my contacts all time D: I need it xD LOL!

I am a Mac user, but I use it like a Unix system ... Terminal.app for life!
Fibonacci
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 11:02:38 pm »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
press ctrl-D and paste me in private the output of the protocol log when you just started connecting, i'll have a look.
@nicolunacba: yep, you're right, and it's 5 seconds.. weird, I thought it was 60 seconds.. maybe I should increase the timeout to.. 20 seconds? we should be safe with that, no ?

It's almost 80KB long. How shall I send it to you?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: