aMSN Forums
June 18, 2019, 10:33:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange Problem with the nick  (Read 20183 times)
BakaYarou

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2009, 05:44:48 pm »

Hi everyone, from this afternoon, i guess, i have a strange problem with che nickname. Every time i log in, it change in my name registerd in the hotmail account instead of my usually nick, is a bit annoying <.<.
I think is a problem with the server, i tested with the 0.98.1 with the lastest svn and a older svn version (11709). There's a solution?
Thanks in advance.
nicolunacba
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:15:25 pm »

Hello! and welcome to the forums. As we say in another posts, it's a problem from MSN server. Try logging in another MSN client and you'll experiment something similar (people who logged in Microsoft Messenger get his e-mail or real nombre instead his nick).

I don't know when the problem is going to be solved, but for now, we cannot do anything. Only a question: Where are you from? I'm trying to locate the problem (the problem is mostly present in Europe).

I am a Mac user, but I use it like a Unix system ... Terminal.app for life!
agacik

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 06:31:42 pm »

I too am having this problem. I have had this account for YEARS, and I never had this problem until recently. If it is in fact a server problem, how long do you think I will have to deal with this problem, nicolunacba? If it helps, I am located in BC, Canada.

Also, on a side note, I have one friend that, in my contacts list that appears with a symbol and when I hover over it, it says that I am not on her contact list. I asked her how come, and she had no idea what I was talking about, saying that I was on her list. She messages me all the time (starting the conversation) which means she definitely sees me. This is the only contact with which I am having this problem with..could it be a server thing as well?

Thanks!
nicolunacba
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 06:53:48 pm »

I was asking where are from because in South America, Argentina almost, we experimented that 6 months ago. Now it's working fine. I want to understand what's happening.

About the red cross saying you're not in her contact list, it's a bug from MSN server. aMSN were using a bug in the server to know the users that deleted you. Now they're trying to fix it so this feature is now working. So ignore that cross. But if that cross is disturbing you, try disabling the feature getting the lastest SVN version, follow this instructions http://www.amsn-project.net/wiki/SVN.

Updated? Ok, go to Preferences -> Advanced tab. If your language is English, disable the option "Show special icon for contacts that do not have you in their list", or in French "Afficher une ic�ne sp�ciale pour les contacts qui ne m'ont pas dans leur liste de contacts".

Good luck Smiley

agacik

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 06:58:19 pm »

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Smiley

The cross on my contact doesn't bother me, I was just wondering what it meant, and why only one person was being affected. Once they fix this, will it just go away on its own? Or will I have to re-download a version of aMSN.

With my personal message, since it keeps going back to my hotmail account, instead of what I want being displayed, everytime I shut down aMSN and sign back in - Will I have to re-download aMSN as well once the problem is fixed?
bluegod

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 07:12:42 pm »

Same issue here.. I'm from Spain and I'm using one of the latest amsn from svn
BakaYarou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 08:15:17 pm »

Quote from: "nicolunacba"
Hello! and welcome to the forums. As we say in another posts, it's a problem from MSN server. Try logging in another MSN client and you'll experiment something similar (people who logged in Microsoft Messenger get his e-mail or real nombre instead his nick).

I don't know when the problem is going to be solved, but for now, we cannot do anything. Only a question: Where are you from? I'm trying to locate the problem (the problem is mostly present in Europe).

Thanks a lot for the answer!
And yes i'm from italy, so the problem is the exactly that.
nicolunacba
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 08:29:04 pm »

The problem is here now, my nickname changed to Nicolas xD. Fuck! Fuck you Microsoft!

Sue_Mausi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 08:41:51 pm »

I have the same problem now o.o i can't understand it. Jesus, when i now log in my name is Sue. -.-  (before i changed it was "bunnysue" oO xD) ..that sucks..  i hope the problem will be fixed soon -.-
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 09:32:04 pm »

arg.. yeah, this is a server issue, I have the same problem over here too, I investigated it and it seems that the servers started giving out a very old version of the nickname and we can't change it anymore...  let's hope they fix it soon because it's annoying and affecting everyone (even the official client)

KaKaRoTo
Etw

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 10:30:20 pm »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
arg.. yeah, this is a server issue, I have the same problem over here too, I investigated it and it seems that the servers started giving out a very old version of the nickname and we can't change it anymore...  let's hope they fix it soon because it's annoying and affecting everyone (even the official client)

Just an fyi, it appears it's not an old nickname in all cases, it is/can be your first name that you have setup in you your passport/live profile: (http://www.amsn-project.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=43184#43184).  I changed mine and now amsn signs me in with that as my nickname.  WLM seems to work ok for me.
studdyboy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 01:53:12 am »

having the same problem too~

I'm from Singapore
Hamann

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 04:16:16 am »

Hi all,
I have the same problems too with everyone. I guessed everyone is having the same problem across the globe.
BUT I have found a solution...

1) Log in to your Windows live.
2) Change your preferred name in your profile and save it..
3) log in to your amsn and your preferred name will be shown..

That's it.

Regards
 Cheesy
billiob
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 08:10:35 pm »

wait
greybeard21

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 10:35:20 pm »

I'm also having the Nick problem. aMSN changes my nick back to my email registration every time I re-enter. I'm in Europe (UK) and using aMSN 0.98.1 for the first time today. I've never had this problem with aMSN before. I''m using Mac OSX 10.4 and I don't have a Windows Live ID (so far as I know).
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: