aMSN Forums
November 17, 2018, 10:08:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music Plugin: Spotify on Wine & Avatar and Winks  (Read 10501 times)
afrox

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2009, 08:53:14 am »

Hey boys, thanks a lot for your work I'd let you know some things I would like to see in future realeases and if they someday happen I'd be rather happy, I wish I was a programmer myself to do them on my own.

Dear Santa:

I'm not going to drink too much punch for Xmas so I'm behaving fairly well (well sort-of).

First of all, as many of us are users of Spotify under Wine in Linux, I would like the music plugin to show what I am playing, as Windows does, that would be magnificent, and I think this would not be a very big deal.

Another thing I would like to see when I grow up is the possibility of displaying the avatars in the left side of the window, as WLM does now, which I think is also nice.

And the last thing, is there any way to configure the Winks plugin to show the winks inscreen while using gnash?? That'd be magnificent!!!

Thanks a lot for your support and stuff, I love you all.

Afrox

Thanx for keepin amsn moving!!
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 11:03:32 am »

Hi,
Santa says :
1 - I like your style :p
2 - It is not possible, we contacted spotify developers, and they give absolutely no way for us to get the information on what they're playing, whether on windows or on mac, even less under wine..
3 - I JUST HATE IT when people say "it's easy" or "I think it would not be a very big deal"... how would YOU know? You're not a programmer, you don't know all the code involved in this, so you have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to be able to quantify the work needed.. if you had any of that knowledge, then just do it yourself!
4 - about the avatars on the left, nope, it's stupid, nobody liked it, but they eventually got used to it, we may be an MSN clone, but we're not going to follow their design everytime they want to change something, that's just stupid... If you can patch it up though, I would be glad to apply your patch.
5 - in theory, the winks plugin has an option, just configure the plugin and it should work... I think...
6 - you're welcome, and thanks!

KaKaRoTo
afrox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 11:32:01 am »

Dear Santa:

I switched from punch to beer, so this is my drunken response.

hehe obviously I'm not a programmer so Im am devoted to you guys ! I will not say it is easy again sir, you have my word, all apologies.

Buy may I tell you that the music plugin just works with Spotify in Windows, true story. But if it's not possible then we don't have more options, I know that there should be stuff more important than that. I just left it in the suggestions box.

Secondly, there are no stupid questions or petitions, the fact that most of the people do not like it does not mean it is stupid. But  no way I am going to start a flame for such a triffle, as I like your style too when you say what you think.

Third, as I'm not running Linux atm I cannot tell what version of Gnash I am running, but I think that the winks started not to work when gnash was updated.

These are just sugerences, I highly appreciate the  altruist (or whatever it is said in English) work of your team. And also thanks for your personal support in the forums!

Cheers

Thanx for keepin amsn moving!!
carestad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 01:54:35 am »

I've made a script for the music plugin in aMSN that parses the window title info and returns artist and title for the currently playing track in Spotify under Wine.

Take a look at the script right here: http://github.com/carestad/scripts/blob/master/infospotify

It's pretty much inspired by the inforhythmbox script, and in the music.tcl file I just copied the TreatSongRhythmbox function, renamed it and adjusted it so it uses the infospotify script. And of course, the file has been added in the plugininfo.xml as well.

Is there any way this can be implemented in aMSN?

Alexander «carestad» Karlstad
billiob
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 10:41:49 am »

Can you also provide the patch for music.tcl ? (yes, i'm that lazy...)
carestad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 06:01:32 pm »

Can you also provide the patch for music.tcl ? (yes, i'm that lazy...)
Yes, sir!

This is the diff of the current svn trunk version of music.tcl:

Code:
272d271
< "Spotify" [list GetSongSpotify TreatSongSpotify FillFrameLess] \
1492,1540d1490
< # ::music::TreatSongSpotify                   #
< # ------------------------------------------- #
< # Gets the current playing song in Spotify    #
< ###############################################
< proc TreatSongSpotify {} {
< #Grab the information asynchronously : thanks to Tjikkun
< after 0 {::music::exec_async [list "sh" [file join $::music::musicpluginpath "infospotify"]] }
< }
<
< # ::music::GetSongSpotify                     #
< # ------------------------------------------- #
< # Gets the current playing song in Spotify    #
< proc GetSongSpotify {} {
< #actualsong is filled asynchronously in TreatSongSpotify
< #Split the lines into a list and set the variables as appropriate
< if { [catch {split $::music::actualsong "\n"} tmplst] } {
< #actualsong isn't yet defined by asynchronous exec