aMSN Forums
April 21, 2014, 04:20:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: OXYGEN SKIN !  (Read 39999 times)
dimitrispan88

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2009, 05:10:37 pm »

aMSN Oxygen skin (KDE INTEGRATION)

NEW VERSION UPLOADED! (FINAL) (11 October 2009)
Here is the download link :  http://rapidshare.com/files/291688612/oxygen-default.zip

The name of the file is : oxygen-default.zip because I plan to release this version of the skin in different colours e.g. oxygen-red , oxygen-green , oxygen-pink ecc...  Cheesy

And here are the screenshots :

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:25:13 pm by dimitrispan88 » Logged
dimitrispan88

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 05:18:43 pm »

compatible with 0.97.2 , 0.98 ! Cheesy
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 05:44:14 pm »

Hi, the skin looks awesome, great job, it does indeed seem well integrated into your desktop! The user icons are also big which will be good for people who want to do the 'display picture in the contact list' feature.
I'd like to see how it shows with 0.98 (manly, just the audio/video call buttons)... the only thing I don't like is the banner at the bottom of the contact list, it looks more like an advertisement than just a simple banner!

Thanks for your hard work! Smiley

KaKaRoTo
Fenix-TX
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 06:14:45 pm »

Very nice skin!!
dimitrispan88

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 10:38:39 pm »

Thanks kakaroto ! By the way I feel that I have to congratulate you for all the incredible work you did in this project so far ... Cheesy
here is the screenshot to show how it looks with the 0.98 version ...

But , I have a doubt ... look the close button of the tabs in the initial screenshot with 0.97.2 version and look how it looks in the 0.98 version ... In the new version the close button should be in the same position like in the first screenshot with 0.97.2 but it isn't.. I don't know if it a bug ... The same thing happen with the default skin so I suppose that happen with all skins...

Moreover, the "banner" thing is not only what you see in the screenshot ... It's an animated gif and change every 5 sec ... Look below :

Anyway , I was thinking to write something like "amsn" just to make evident that the banner shows the main features of the program... because you're right .. now it looks like an advertisment .. any advice ?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 10:29:52 am »

hi again,
1 - cool, nice images, nicely done!
2 - ouch, yes, it's a bug and I forgot to fix it before releasing 0.98.. we'll fix it soon and release 0.98.1!
3 - ouch, animated??? wow, that makes it like 10 times worse! it definitely looks like an advertisement! In my opinion, stay away from animated.. you also don't need to show the features, people will most likely know them, and anyways they won't read them even if it's there, so...
People will definitely stay away from your skin because of that (if they don't know you can remove the banner).
I think you should make it special, like branding your skin, or whatever, nothing animated, just a very simple banner like the default one.. or you could make it an empty pixmap, or a 10 pixel high kind of 'border' or whatever you want... the choice is yours after all, I'm just giving my opinion!

KaKaRoTo
dimitrispan88

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 08:18:20 pm »

yes you're completely right ... I have already changed it! Cheesy What do you think now ? Here is a screenshot :

almafuerte

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 09:46:31 pm »

Me gusta la piel. Buen trabajo.

Cambié estos detalles:

1. loganim (se usa una figura tipo humana que da la impresión de pertenecer a una etnia específica, las figuras humanas deben ser neutrales)

2. greyline (se usa un rotulo con la palabra AMSN para separar las conversaciones en historial de las nuevas conversaciones, piense que es preferible usar una linea simple)

3. logolinmsn (quizá quieras considerar diseñarlo aún más simple)

Un saludo cordial.
nenelinux

View Profile
hi
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 03:39:05 am »

is amazing Cheesy:D:D:D
 is compatible with 0.99b too Cheesy

thank you!!!!!

I use this skin for ever Cheesy
dimitrispan88

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 01:07:47 pm »

Quote from: "almafuerte"
Me gusta la piel. Buen trabajo.

Cambié estos detalles:

1. loganim (se usa una figura tipo humana que da la impresión de pertenecer a una etnia específica, las figuras humanas deben ser neutrales)

2. greyline (se usa un rotulo con la palabra AMSN para separar las conversaciones en historial de las nuevas conversaciones, piense que es preferible usar una linea simple)

3. logolinmsn (quizá quieras considerar diseñarlo aún más simple)

Un saludo cordial.

hmmm ... hi almafuerte thank you for your comment but i don't understand what you say ... Could you translate it in english ?
dimitrispan88

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 01:09:08 pm »

@nenelinux : thanks! Cheesy
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 10:47:06 pm »

Hi,
the banner is much better now, good job!
About the issue with the tab close X position, can you update to the latest SVN and check if it's been fixed now? it should work!

KaKaRoTo
dimitrispan88

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 04:39:28 pm »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
Hi,
the banner is much better now, good job!
About the issue with the tab close X position, can you update to the latest SVN and check if it's been fixed now? it should work!

Hi,
I just updated to the latest SVN (11638) but the tab close bug still remains ... I made a screenshot :

billiob
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 08:44:37 pm »

Should be fixed in rev 11639.
Montblanc
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 12:17:28 am »

I bow before you! I've waited a very long time for a KDE skin! Bravissimo e grazie mille!  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: