aMSN Forums
August 21, 2018, 04:31:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving window position  (Read 3607 times)
RyanFlemington

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2009, 01:58:41 am »

I've just converted to aMSN(hurray!), and have one issue. I've read the faq/wiki, and searched the forums, but I'm still stuck. If this has been solved, please link me, and I apologize. Anyway, aMSN will not save the position of either the contacts window, or the chat window. I'm running a multi-monitor set up, and would like the default position to be my secondary monitor.

Info:
Windows- Vista, SP2
aMSN- SVN version 11625. I had the same issue with the regular release.

Thanks for any information.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 02:51:28 am »

Hi, welcome to the forums and to aMSN!
Your issue has been answered before.. unfortunately, the answer is simply "sorry"... aMSN saved the position of the chat window and contact list, etc.. but it's hard to figure out the size of your whole screen (since both screens may have different resolutions for example), we only get a "width" and "height" and because of that, we can only get the size of the primary screen.. so whenever the chatwindow or contact list is opened, aMSN thinks that they are "outside the screen", so it repositions them inside the screen so you can actually seen/move/resize the window... That's also why you'll see the tooltips and the smileys menu appear in the first screen if you have your contact list (for tooltips) or chat window (for smiley menu) in the second screen..
Hopefully, we'll get to fix it for next release!

KaKaRoTo
RyanFlemington

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 05:38:48 pm »

Hmm that is unfortunate. I think that might actually stop me from using aMSN, because having to move every window, every day, is a huge inconvenience. When is the next release expected to be out?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 10:58:36 pm »

(hopefully) sometime this week, but I can't guarantee that I'll have time to look into this issue, OR if it is even possible to be fixed...

KaKaRoTo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: