aMSN Forums
November 30, 2020, 09:45:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about personal message characters limit  (Read 3881 times)
Johnsonbgr

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2009, 03:08:27 am »

Hi,

I have a question about the personal message character limit on the aMSN.

When you go to change the personal message it saying how much characters you typed and how much characters you can put on your pm (130),OK.

I think on the WLM you can put much more characters on the personal message than 130,and i heard with a plus plugin you can have pm up to 1000 characters,and if you have a very long personal message,the other people CAN see it,so i think the official limit isn't 130ch.

My question now is:

Amsn let you put more than 130 characters but it reminds you that it's not officially supported by the msn protocol,so if you put for example a personal message up to 500 characters long,your contacts no matter what client they use (WLM or aMSN),they be able to see the complete personal message or they will see only 130 characters?

I don't use windows any more that's why i can't find it out my self. Smiley
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 06:28:16 am »

Hi, well first thing is : WHY WOULD YOU USE MORE THAN 130 CHARS!!!!
seriously, anything more than 20 chars is painful to the eyes!
but anyways, the answer is : you can put up to 1300 chars I think, but the official client (without msn plus addon or anything) will only show the first 130 chars... If you use aMSN, you will see the whole personal message, if you use other clients (pidgin, or have the msn plus! addon, etc..), we don't know, try it and see for yourself.

KaKaRoTo
Johnsonbgr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 06:41:55 am »

Ok,thanks. Smiley

My PMs aren't long,but some times i wanna add something like "<<personal message>> - Today shopping at mall" and the 130ch are not enough. Tongue

I would try to install WLM on wine to test it out.

EDIT: I didn't find way to make the WLM working on wine,but i tested out a 200ch personal message on amsn,and at least on emesene it's complete.

I will find out soon if WLM users can see it.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: