aMSN Forums
November 01, 2020, 12:26:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Annoucement window doesn't appear!!  (Read 16606 times)
Psykocat

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2009, 04:27:06 am »

Hello everyone,

I am forced to post on this forum because i have tried everything i could to solve the problem and i just don't find the solution.

My amsn (0.97.2) worked until there just fine and i didn't touch anything to it.
One day when i connected, the annoucement windows ( the one that appears when someone connects itself) didn't appear anymore and it didn't say who connected itself on the bottom of the window as usual, BUT it still says who disconnected. It's only the connected part that doesn't work anymore.
I verified the preferences, and the annoucement window box is checked, and it still doesn't put the windows...
I tried to change versions, to update, everything, i still don't have the damn window opening...

WHAT can i do?? It's a bit botherting this thing, coz i like to know when someone connects...

Has anybody every had this problem and HOW can i solve it? Is it a problem with my program and my computer or maybe the general Amsn that is touched???

Thanks a million!!!
Bonyo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 05:57:49 am »

I'm having the same problem here. I've got Ubuntu Intrepid, and the running version of aMSN is 0.97.2 (same as yours).

HEEELP please!
Psykocat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 01:53:05 pm »

And some other things are going wild!!
I see some all the "appear offline" person as online!!!!! this has never never happend before, even though it's pretty funny!!
Also, some of the names of my contacts are written very weirdly, like with all 20%6% things like that...

Help help help!!
arantes
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 08:33:15 pm »

showing invisible contacts is great ^^ i think i'll download this good old 0.97.2 just for that xD About your problem, i don't have it with the SVN, so try to upgrade : http://www.amsn-project.net/wiki/SVN
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 08:56:16 pm »

updating to SVN won't change anything...
The server is having a LOT of problems lately, I don't really know what microsoft is doing... some people couldn't connect anymore (even with the official client), others had that issue where it shows you some users as being invisible.. and now this problem with online contacts.. I've just had it right now, and the problem comes from the protocol... it's telling me status changes for my contacts using the "ILN" command instead of "NLN" which means that aMSN thinks that that contact was already online (The "ILN" command is *ONLY* sent to tell you who was online when you login yourself, so you don't get a notification window for every user who was online when you connect).
In other words, it's a server issue and we hope that microsoft will fix it soon!

KaKaRoTo
drchink

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 09:06:16 pm »

same problem here, it seems that wen contacts do sign online, amsn's log box thinks they went offline. i hope this gets fixed soon.
michalski7777

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 03:03:30 am »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
updating to SVN won't change anything...
The server is having a LOT of problems lately, I don't really know what microsoft is doing... some people couldn't connect anymore (even with the official client), others had that issue where it shows you some users as being invisible.. and now this problem with online contacts.. I've just had it right now, and the problem comes from the protocol... it's telling me status changes for my contacts using the "ILN" command instead of "NLN" which means that aMSN thinks that that contact was already online (The "ILN" command is *ONLY* sent to tell you who was online when you login yourself, so you don't get a notification window for every user who was online when you connect).
In other words, it's a server issue and we hope that microsoft will fix it soon!

ahhhhh, thanks Kakaroto Smiley
just wish I had read this before nuking my config  :roll:
no biggie, again, Thanks
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 05:24:28 pm »

Hi michalski7777,
Good point there, actually, recently, I've added to SVN a workaround to fix this problem from aMSN's side, so even if microsoft doesn't fix their servers, at least, if you use the SVN version of aMSN now, it will work for you.

p.s: it looks like they're really taking their time to fix it, and there's a small chance they may never fix it since it seems it doesn't affect their own clients...

KaKaRoTo
whatabout

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 03:40:58 pm »

And what about winxp users?  Sad
BW
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 05:25:20 pm »

Hi whatabout,
the new version of aMSN is about to be released, as you can see here
so if you can wait a little longer, you'll find aMSN 0.98.1 on the main page;
if you can't, it's pretty much the same for windows users, you can use the SVN version
whatabout

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 01:24:17 pm »

I don't know how to use svn, I haven't used linux for more than a week  :cry:
can someone help me?
Or I'll just wait for the new vers, is there an official release date?

Thanks in advance
and thanks for your fast reply  Cool
BW
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 01:46:34 pm »

have a look at the link about the SVN version I gave you in the last post,
it's well explained there and for windows it's not difficult at all
whatabout

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 03:23:03 pm »

I just updated my SVN and my GOD all those things I wanted were actually already invented
such as colorednick, the fix for online announcements etc etc
only thing left is left-to-write typing
then It'd be my client for life Wink Tongue
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 01:44:35 am »

hehe, you see, wasn't that hard to get the SVN :p and yeah, there are tons of improvements...
about right-to-left support (not left-to-write i suppose... ) then if you're on windows, you need to enable it in windows itself.. have a look at the FAQ (http://amsn-project.net/faq.php) it has information on how to do it.

KaKaRoTo
whatabout

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 04:46:36 pm »

I've already done that (installed right-to-left) still doesn't work
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: