aMSN Forums
April 23, 2014, 10:25:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Multilanguage amsn Web site  (Read 46266 times)
sabit ertan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 12:17:45 am »

Thanks kakaroto, i will try your advice when i finished translation(its about %40). and thanks kakaroto again i forgot linux-down page for defining. I add new definitions to en.php for linux-down page(added editing files to amsn.tar.gz in previous post). (and i know it is out of topic but i looking forward to stable 0.98 Smiley, i wish i knew other programming languages to help developing aMSN:()

Anael
Power user

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 05:01:57 pm »

Really nice job boy !!
Thank you to this.

>>arantes
If you need any help for the translation, don't hesitate to contact me !
sabit ertan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 10:27:53 pm »

hi folks, i got new news(what a bad sentence Smiley )
ok, the translation to turkish going good(about%80), and more important things is i changed calling every page with ?lang= to cookies based calling(as kakaroto said)(already posted amsn.tar.gz also updated ). have a look  and check your cookie
cookie based amsn site
have to do: solve images changing for each language(maybe use file based or use gd library or css)

arantes
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 11:37:15 pm »

And I just finished the French translation ^^
Here it is :
Rapidshare : http://rapidshare.com/files/291766420/fr.php.html
Megaupload : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XODTQRLS
Pastebin : http://amsn.pastebin.com/f2c7f03ff
sabit ertan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 11:18:54 am »

thanks arantes(i already know translating is hard). i added your translation(fr.php) to demo site.

arantes
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 10:25:36 pm »

Indeed it is hard ... and long ... VERY long ^^
http://www.massmirror.com/b9e9a1fccf952bd8c26ae61462ceb15b.html
Here is the new version with some corrections. I think everything is right now.

PS : the HELP side panel isn't looking very good in french, due to the " : " being alone on the last line ^^, isn't there a way of changing that ?

EDIT : Here is a MU link since the other one seems not to work for some people : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WDZ0DTGI
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 10:47:27 pm »

Hi, awesome guys, you've done a really good job! I'll review the code soon and put it in the main website, I'm sure others will appreciate it!
Thanks again for an awesome and difficult job well achieved!

KaKaRoTo
arantes
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 11:23:11 pm »

There's just a tiny detail i don't like in the new website, it's the fact that when you put the mouse over the menu bar, it "expands" a little bit. You understand what i mean ?

EDIT : And i just saw that when reloading the page, the banner at the top changes Oo I don't think it's a very good idea neither ..
EDIT 2 : I don't like at all the amsn4.jpg logo ... I love the 2 and the 6 ^^ The 9 is fine too.
sabit ertan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 11:58:33 pm »

Quote from: "arantes"
There's just a tiny detail i don't like in the new website, it's the fact that when you put the mouse over the menu bar, it "expands" a little bit. You understand what i mean ?

yeah i really understood you. its my fault(i made some change on stylesheet.css and forgot correct again). i fixed it.

PS : the HELP side panel isn't looking very good in french, due to the " : " being alone on the last line ^^, isn't there a way of changing that ?

i'll try what i can
thanks for testing
note: i downloaded you new translation file but i think you forgot save with utf-8(because French alphabet character gone some weird)

arantes
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 12:41:59 am »

Actually i didn't touch anything about the encoding. I don't know why the first would have worked fine and not the second ... anyway, notepad++ told me it was ansi, I converted it in UTF-8, and here it is : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IWIHWOI7
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 02:35:48 am »

hehe, arantes, the banner changes randomly, it was done like this on purpose and we like it, I don't see why you don't :p

KaKaRoTo
sabit ertan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 03:01:16 am »

ok i add new fr.php to demo site and solve image change problem with css(so i defined 3 lines in translations). i have added all edited files in amsn.tar.gz (link posted before). it is time to complete translation but i have tired for now Smiley

sabit ertan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 11:45:57 pm »

Hi everyone again, here is new idea for plugins and skins description. I use xml files to make translation easy. (i only used it for desc and platform, other things(id,screenshot,url etc.) still coming from mysql). have a look(and dont forget to click other languages):

xml used page for multilingual plugins description
 if you like it i can write a xml file for all plugins and skins.(or kakaroto(or other admins) can send tables here (only plugins and skins in xml format) from their database Smiley)so we can make fully translatable and easy to edit language files.

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 09:36:17 am »

humm.. storing the plugins in a xml file instead of the database.. I'm not sure about that.. I think with the DB it will take ALOT less time to access the data, so it's better to keep it there.. try to contact me on IRC, and i'll see what I can do with regards to the database.. probably have a new system for translations of stuff in the database (like news also for example).
I was thinking of just adding a 'lang' column and show the data that corresponds to the right language.. it's fine for the news items, but for skins/plugins, you don't want to miss untranslated skins/plugins.. anyways, we should discuss this on IRC or whatever, and i'll try to get you a backup of the database.
channel #amsn on irc.freenode.net
by the way, could you update the amsn-www tarball so I can check the diff and commit it ? Also, how far are you from completion ?

KaKaRoTo
sabit ertan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 11:20:47 pm »

ok i added all files into amsn.tar.gz and uploded it(i dont touch sql files maybe its different from you use for database now. becaese svn sql files has missing part of tables)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: