aMSN Forums
November 20, 2018, 06:46:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error "frameConfigure" with the SVN version of ams  (Read 5619 times)
Mega69

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2009, 02:43:57 pm »

Hello,
Some days ago I had a problem with the version 0.97.2 of amsn, infact it didn't allow me to chat with other contacts ( however the contacts were shown if they were online ).

So, I updated amsn with TortoiseSVN, and fortunately this version doesn't seem to have the same problem.

Unfortunately with this version I have another problem: everytime I click on a contact in order to chat with him, an error occurs:

wrong # args: should be "_frameConfigure canvas frame width height"
    while executing
"_frameConfigure $path"
    (procedure "ScrollableFrame::_resize" line 9)
    invoked from within
"ScrollableFrame::_resize .container_0.msg_0.f.out.dps.sw.sf"
    (command bound to event)

Fortunately I can make amsn ignore all the errors during the current session, but I have to do this operation everytime I open amsn.
Obviusly this is boring.

Can you fix this bug?

Thank you, and sorry for the bad English.

PS: This happens on Windows XP SP2.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 12:31:03 am »

Hi, welcome to the forums,
Humm.. what version of bwidget do you have installed on your system ? Make sure you don't mix in the 1.8 version of bwidget and the 1.9 version...
If your SVN version was downloaded a few weeks ago, make sure you update it to the latest SVN revision using TortoiseSVN since that bug was fixed a while ago in SVN...

KaKaRoTo
Mega69

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 09:54:29 am »

Thank you,
I controlled in script/utils and I have BWidget-1.9.0
I downloaded my SVN version a few days ago, so I think this is the last version...
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 10:07:28 am »

Humm... well, can you open amsn's console by pressing Ctrl-Shift-C from the main window and type in it "package require BWidget" and paste the output here?
Also, can you check in scripts/BWidget_mods.tcl that the last few lines look like this :
Code:

# This bug was fixed in BWidget 1.9
if {[package require BWidget] == "1.8" } {
proc ::ScrollableFrame::_frameConfigure {canvas frame width height} {
$canvas:cmd configure -scrollregion [$canvas:cmd bbox all]
}
}

KaKaRoTo
Mega69

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 10:17:20 am »

When I type what you said in the console, I get this:
(scripts) 2 %

However I can't find the code that you have posted in BWidget_mods.tcl.

I don't know if this is useful, when I go on "Help/information", amsn tells me that the version I'm using is 0.97.2 (07/25/2008).
I think this is strange, infact I updated amsn with TortoiseSVN a few days ago.

EDIT:
I did it, thank you.
In BWidget_mods.tcl there was this code:
Code:

proc ::ScrollableFrame::_frameConfigure {canvas frame width height} {
      $canvas:cmd configure -scrollregion [$canvas:cmd bbox all]
   }

But there wasn't any if, that code was always executed, even with BWidget 1.9.
So I simply deleted it.
Now it works.

However i can't unerstand why TortoiseSVN didn't update that file.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 10:36:12 am »

Well,that's something interesting! aMSN would not tell you you're using 0.97.2 if you use the SVN, it should tell you that you're using 0.99b and show you the SVN revision number you're currently on...
I think that there are 3 possibilities here :
1 - the SVN checkout did not complete successfully for some reason.. maybe it got interupted or something (or mainly, you may have done the checkout on the existing directory)
2 - You have the SVN in one place and 0.97.2 somewhere else, and you're using the 0.97.2 version (but it doesn't explain why bwidget 1.9 would be used... since 1.8 was shipped with 0.97.2)
3 - Windows is playing tricks on you and showing you some of the files from svn and some of the files from 0.97.2.. I heard there's some special directory where windows stores files only for the local user when the user tries to write stuff to a 'restricted' directory when he's not admin (like Program Files)...
My main guess would be that, maybe.. just maybe, you did the checkout in the scripts directory.. and TortoiseSVN downloaded bwidget 1.9 then errored out with "a file with the same name already exists" but you didn't pay attention...
My best suggestion would be to completely rename the scripts directory into scripts-0.97.2 THEN do a clean checkout to the scripts directory and answer 'yes' when tortoiseSVN tells you that the directory doesn't exist, do you want to create it...
Try that and tell me what you come up with!
(mixing files from different revisions is very bad and is just asking for trouble!)

KaKaRoTo
Mega69

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 06:49:44 pm »

I must have done something wrong with SVN...
So I decided to donwload amsn 0.99 with "the development archive way" ( the .tar file ).

Now it seems to work properly ( and it shows 0.99, not 0.97.2 ).

Thank you for your support, and keep up the good work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: