aMSN Forums
February 20, 2018, 04:32:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: music plugin does not work in OS X Snow Leopard  (Read 73923 times)
nicolunacba
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2009, 10:52:28 pm »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
@sebastiennaro: looks like something called "MagicCam" is causing this.. I think someone else already had this same problem with MagicCam, try to see which file could be causing this issue...
@nacho182: read this thread...

I said it before but no one hearse me Sad. I solved the MagicCam error deleting the GMail video driver from /Library/QuickTime. Those files are "Google Camera Adapter 1" and "Google Camera Adapter 0".

If you have it installed, remove it. If it's not the problem ... maybe I must shut up my mouth xD

I am a Mac user, but I use it like a Unix system ... Terminal.app for life!
nacho182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 11:26:00 pm »

Some of us do not have any of the previously mentioned files installed and are still having the problem with music plugin. That is why we keep whining. Wink

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 11:28:33 pm »

yeah, cause whining will help maybe ? If you had taken time to read the thread, you would have realized that in order to figure out the real cause of the issue, you'd have to look at what the plugin log contains..

KaKaRoTo
nicolunacba
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2009, 12:18:00 am »

Search your owns solutions ... The problem is particular for the user. Try this: open Terminal.app (Applications -> Utilities) then:
cd /Library
for example, let's look in the Quicktime folder so search for a binary like this:
cd /AppleMPEG2Codec.component/Contents/MacOS
and type
strings AppleMPEG2 | grep -i magiccam

The main command is: strings [FILE] | grep -i magiccam. It's going to look if it uses the magiccam.

If the terminal response with a text like "magiccam", that means the file uses magiccam and maybe it's the source of the problem. I did that with the Google Camera Adapter =).

sorry my english xD.

nacho182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2009, 12:46:44 am »

yeah, cause whining will help maybe ?
Sometimes it might, but in this particular case I was being ironic. Smiley

I have none of the files mentioned above. No Photoshop files, no google files, no magiccam files or whatever.

It all happened after I updated Itunes. Anyway, it is not a matter of life or death, I will just wait.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Harlekin
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2009, 12:52:36 am »

I deleted Photoshop with the Adobe Uninstaller which is in the folder Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers
Music plugin works now.
nicolunacba
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2009, 01:04:14 am »

Quote from: "nacho182"
It all happened after I updated Itunes. Anyway, it is not a matter of life or death, I will just wait.

iTunes doesn't uses magiccam. I have the lastest iTunes too and:

aquamarine:~ nico$ strings /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunes | grep -i magiccam
aquamarine:~ nico$

It doesn't returns me anything. So iTunes is not the problem here.

nacho182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2009, 01:06:10 am »

*shrugs* I have none of the files mentioned before. All I know it all started after I updated my Itunes. Like I said, I will wait. Thanks for the replies again!

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2009, 05:39:05 pm »

and like I said, and like I repeated in my very last comment
you would have realized that in order to figure out the real cause of the issue, you'd have to look at what the plugin log contains.

so press command-P and check what the plugins log says, it will tell you why it failed, copy/paste here if you can't figure it out.

KaKaRoTo
nacho182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2009, 07:18:22 pm »

nacho[15:21:44] Music: Actualsong isn't yet defined by asynchronous exec
[15:21:44] Music: Get song: 0
[15:21:44] Music: Error retreiving song : Play
Everything Is Alright
Motion City Soundtrack
/Users/nacho/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Motion City Soundtrack/Commit This To Memory/02 Everything Is Alright.mp3

2009-11-03 15:21:44.453 osascript[48411:903] Error loading /Users/nacho/Library/ScriptingAdditions/24U Appearance OSAX.osax/Contents/MacOS/24U Appearance OSAX:  dlopen(/Users/nacho/Library/ScriptingAdditions/24U Appearance OSAX.osax/Contents/MacOS/24U Appearance OSAX, 262): no suitable image found.  Did find:
   /Users/nacho/Library/ScriptingAdditions/24U Appearance OSAX.osax/Contents/MacOS/24U Appearance OSAX: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Users/nacho/Library/ScriptingAdditions/24U Appearance OSAX.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
[15:21:47] Music: Actualsong isn't yet defined by asynchronous exec
[15:21:47] Music: Get song: 0
[15:21:47] Music: Error retreiving song : Play
Everything Is Alright
Motion City Soundtrack
/Users/nacho/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Motion City Soundtrack/Commit This To Memory/02 Everything Is Alright.mp3

That is what I get. That file (24U Appearance OSAX.osax) seems... old. Last modified March 11, 2006. Is that the file I have to get rid of?

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2009, 08:09:31 pm »

yes...

p.s.: like I said multiple times, read the thread! if you had followed it, you would have seen that the 'problematic file' shows up in the plugins log, you would have looked at it, and seen that that 24U Appearance OSAX file is the problematic one for you... and would not have had to be rude...

anyways, before deleting it, could you zip it (or whatever) and upload it somewhere, I need a 'bad file' so I can reproduce this issue and try to figure out a solution that would work even with all those old crappy files from other applications.

KaKaRoTo
nacho182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2009, 08:20:05 pm »

Thanks. I will upload it as soon as I get home.

Is it safe to delete it? I mean no other application uses it? I tried checking on the net, but did not find much information about it.

Here is the file: 24U Appearance OSAX.osax.zip - 0.60MB

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2009, 05:18:47 pm »

if it's safe, I guess so, simply by the fact that it's causing an error, it means that whether it's there or not simply won't change anything because the file *does not work* anyway...

KaKaRoTo
sebastianaro

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2009, 11:28:23 pm »

Quote from: "nicolunacba"
Quote from: "kakaroto"
@sebastiennaro: looks like something called "MagicCam" is causing this.. I think someone else already had this same problem with MagicCam, try to see which file could be causing this issue...
@nacho182: read this thread...

I said it before but no one hearse me Sad. I solved the MagicCam error deleting the GMail video driver from /Library/QuickTime. Those files are "Google Camera Adapter 1" and "Google Camera Adapter 0".

If you have it installed, remove it. If it's not the problem ... maybe I must shut up my mouth xD

Yes I deleted those two files, but still that magic cam thing keeps interfeering with it. I don't know what it is, does someone know?
koalaepilettico

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2009, 11:26:15 pm »

i am here for the second time -.-
i can't see my music anymore. But this time my error is strange:

Code:
[23:22:16] Music: Actualsong isn't yet defined by asynchronous exec
[23:22:16] Music: Get song: 0
[23:22:16] Music: Error retreiving song : /Applications/aMSN.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/plugins/music/display_and_send.scpt:0:13: script error: A real number can’t go after this identifier. (-2740)

What does it means? O.o i haven't the adobe file, i haven't google plugin...
Using leopard and the last svn version..
Any ideas?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: