aMSN Forums
February 20, 2018, 03:00:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: music plugin does not work in OS X Snow Leopard  (Read 73920 times)
constantijn

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2009, 09:05:39 pm »

music plugin does not work in Mac OS X Snow Leopard
It loads, but it doesn't show the song

-Using latest aMSN SVN, Music plugin v1.6 & iTunes 8.2.1
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 03:42:30 am »

when snow leopard is released (waiting for it to get shipped to me), i'll test it and see how we can fix it.. for now, just be patient.

KaKaRoTo
tdttester

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 04:05:08 pm »

In case the problem is with tclAE library, I have tried to compile tclAE latest SVN sources on Snow Leopard, with this result:

make
gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tclAE\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tclae\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"2.0.4\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tclAE\ 2.0.4\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DNO_VALUES_H=1 -DHAVE_LIMITS_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_PARAM_H=1 -DUSE_THREAD_ALLOC=1 -D_REENTRANT=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE=1 -DTCL_THREADS=1 -DMODULE_SCOPE=extern\ __attribute__\(\(__visibility__\(\"hidden\"\)\)\) -DTCL_WIDE_INT_IS_LONG=1 -DUSE_TCL_STUBS=1 -DTCLAE_USE_FRAMEWORK_INCLUDES -include ./generic/tclAECarbon.h -I"/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5/Headers" -pipe -Os -Wall -Wno-implicit-int -fno-common -c `echo ./generic/tclAEAddress.c` -o tclAEAddress.o
./generic/tclAEAddress.c: In function ‘Tclae_ProcessesCmd’:
./generic/tclAEAddress.c:572: error: ‘ProcessInfoRec’ has no member named ‘processAppSpec’
./generic/tclAEAddress.c:619: error: ‘ProcessInfoRec’ has no member named ‘processAppSpec’
./generic/tclAEAddress.c: In function ‘SpecFromUtfPathObj’:
./generic/tclAEAddress.c:1298: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘ResolveAliasFile’
./generic/tclAEAddress.c: In function ‘UtfObjToPString’:
./generic/tclAEAddress.c:1393: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘c2pstrcpy’
./generic/tclAEAddress.c: In function ‘getPSNAddress’:
./generic/tclAEAddress.c:1742: error: ‘ProcessInfoRec’ has no member named ‘processAppSpec’
make: *** [tclAEAddress.o] Error 1
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 07:40:57 pm »

why would you try to recompile tclAE ? tclAE is NOT needed for this.. the plugin just executes a script, we don't need tclAE to execute a file on disk... try checking what the plugin's log says (Alt-P)

KaKaRoTo
tdttester

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 10:49:58 pm »

Thank you kakaroto,

I was thinking about tclAE was the responsible to execute applescript scripts from tcl/tk.

And another thank you for the trick to view the plugin's log... In my case, the music plugin was showing errors about it can't retrieve de correct values for songs, mixed with some errors complainig that /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax was not of the required architecture (or something like that... sorry, but I have not copied the log before restrarting aMSN).

So, I have deleted the "Adobe Unit Types.osax" file (I don't know what exactly do this file), and restarted aMSN.... Wohooo!! Now music plugin is working without problems.

I'm wondering about what's the relation between this two things, but in my case the issue has been fixed just removing the file /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax

Thank you.
constantijn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 07:15:19 pm »

Any updates yet?
V1.6 still doesn't work with the SVN and/or the NEW iTunes 9
constantijn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 05:30:49 pm »

It's still not working and kinda starting to piss me off a little.

Is the music plugin not working just a problem on my Mac or do more people have this problem?
tdttester

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 12:21:51 am »

constantijn,

Try to see what the plugin's log say....  (it appears with Alt-P)

Please, copy and paste in this thread a portion of this log...

We will try to discover what is not working for you.
kikkohell

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 06:42:54 pm »

i have the same problem on a macbook pro unibody with SL and amsn 0.98
the plugin log says:

[19:34:29] Music: Actualsong isn't yet defined by asynchronous exec
[19:34:29] Music: Get song: 0
[19:34:29] Music: Error retreiving song : Play
Losing Touch
The Killers
/Users/kikko/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/The Killers/Day & Age/01 Losing Touch.mp3
/Users/kikko/Library/Application Support/amsn/plugins/artworkitunes.jpg
2009-09-16 19:34:29.716 osascript[1088:903] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types:  dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found.  Did find:
   /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 07:01:21 pm »

Hi and welcome to the forums kikkohell,
Well, in your case, you should really read the thread that you're in before posting. As tdttester reported before, he fixed it by removing the file /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax
It looks like that Adobe script isn't working on 10.6 and is causing interference with amsn's script. delete it, it should work.
@constantijn: if you're getting the same thing, please delete that file first and see if it fixes it for you!

KaKaRoTo
kikkohell

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 08:09:36 pm »

hey kakaroto, thanks for the reply!
I tried to remove it and the music plugin start working but photoshop seems to need that file, it doesn't?
constantijn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 12:02:24 am »

Thanks kakaroto!! Smiley

Although it wasn't the exact same file that interfering, it was something simular in the same location namely: "LCC Scroll Enhancer Loader.osax" which is something from my Logitech mouse i'm guessing.

Plugin is working like it should again!!
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 08:56:29 am »

kikkohell, i don't believe it would need it for the simple reason that even if it did, that file just won't work on your 10.6.. so photoshop wouldn't use that script (or would fail to use it) until they update their version with a file that would actually work on 10.6!
I suggest you try photoshop and see if it works, if it does, then no need to complain (also, I think it's more related to adobe reader than photoshop...)

KaKaRoTo
kikkohell

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 10:33:47 am »

Ok man, thanks! i'm going to try it.. hope it works! Smiley
maiden_acdc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 11:55:40 pm »

Hey guys,

I downloaded aMSN last week and today when I logged on it asked me if I wanted to update my music plugin. I did, and it still doesnt show my music from itunes 9. I'm on snow leopard.

I'm new to this aMSN, but have figured out quite a bit. the only problem im having with is this music plugin issue.

Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: