aMSN Forums
June 21, 2018, 05:45:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Default chat window size  (Read 2660 times)
jaimeduende

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2009, 07:07:48 pm »

Hey there,

Once again letting you know about another 'bug' or so I have 'found'.

After going to the advanced preferences, where you set a default size for the chat window, the input in that box doesn't seem to have any effect on the chat window size.

I can confirm that I've changed that space to lots of variables and they all still show up the same size.

If you need more information just let me know.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 07:44:30 pm »

Hi,
nice.. you're right.. that option *does* work actually, but it only affects "chatwindows" it doesn't affect "chatwindow containers".. if you want that option to work, you should choose in the session tab "show normal windows without tabs"...
But actually, there's no point in having that option configurable since we already SAVE the size of the chat window (and chat containers) whenever you resize them... so if you resize a window, the next chat window you open will get the same size.. so you don't need to manually set that size in the advanced preferences...

I will remove that option from there now, unless you give me a good reason why it should be kept...

KaKaRoTo
jaimeduende

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 08:28:03 pm »

Fair enough.

At least in my configuration, though, whenever I resize the chat window container, i.e. individual chat window, and close it, the new size is not saved, and it is reverted to the size it was before.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, but to me, this has been default aMSN behavior since day 1.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 10:22:51 pm »

well, I just tested it and it works, it does save/restore the sizes... make sure in the advanced prefs that you have the option "Save chat window size as default when resizing it" enabled...
It should be enabled by default...

KaKaRoTo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: