aMSN Forums
June 21, 2018, 05:42:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Inbox  (Read 2514 times)
lucbxl

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2009, 03:28:03 pm »

Hi. When I receive an e-mail (via windows live hotmail) and I try to open t from aMSN, it opens Word rather my Internet application Firefox. This is the case since I deleted Safari (since I prefer Firefox). How can I fix that?

Many thanks in advance.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 04:28:51 pm »

Hi, welcome to the forums,
Make sure you associate the .htm and .html file extensions with Firefox.  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=opera&rls=en&hs=SkQ&num=100&ei=mXZsSu_2HZbKtgfx2_yaAQ&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=how+to+associate+files+mac+os+x&spell=1
I hope that helps.

KaKaRoTo
lucbxl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 08:11:23 pm »

Quote from: "kakaroto"

Thanks. Sorry, I do not get that. I have no problem with Firefox. The problem is that when I receive a message notification in aMSN and I click on it, it opens the Word application, not Firefox. I guess there is a way to fix that in the aMSN settings?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 08:55:39 pm »

like I said, fix the .html and .html file extension association to open with firefox! All we do is open a .html file, and your system tries to open it with word instead of firefox.. look at the google link and follow the instructions you find in the first few results and it will work. as simple as that.

KaKaRoTo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: