aMSN Forums
February 18, 2019, 08:00:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decoder for RTP PT=114  (Read 8248 times)
eagle187

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2009, 09:47:30 am »

Hey people....
Can anyone tell me whether there is a decoder/player available to play RTP data carrying this Payload Type (114)
Thanks in advance.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 12:11:08 pm »

There is none.

KaKaRoTo
eagle187

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 02:00:28 pm »

Really ??
None !!??
thanks for telling...
Can you tell what PT is it really ??
Is it some proprietary protocol developed by Microsoft ?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 04:45:06 pm »

It's x-msrta Microsoft's RealTime Audio.
Ole Andre actually wrote a gstreamer element that is able to decode those by using microsoft's .dll file directly under wineloader, so that might be a solution for you (it's called mscodecs, and available here: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~oleavr/oabuild/gst-plugins-farsight/files/head%3A/ext/mscodecs/  )
You can find more info here : http://www.amsn-project.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6612

KaKaRoTo
eagle187

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 08:02:51 am »

Thanks a lot man !!!
You rock ...
Can you guide me as to how can i use the code mentioned there..
i know its a lot to ask
but any sort of help would be appreciated ..
You can at least tell me whether any  documentation is available for the same

Thanks a zillion in advance
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 09:19:11 am »

no sorry, I already don't have any time for myself, and I believe that if you want to do something like that, you should have enough skill to take care of it on your own, otherwise, don't bother. About docs, read gstreamer.freedesktop.org ... it has all the docs on how gstreamer works. If you understand gstreamer, you'll understand what to do with that code. Otherwise, sorry can't help.

KaKaRoTo
eagle187

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 05:57:12 am »

hi

I have downloaded the gstreamer and installed it on my system also I have code from Ole Andre  when  i try to compile it on windows it shows me error can not include gst.h and glib.h. Please help !!!!

I have all the files related to gst and glib in same folder as that of gstreamer installation . I checked gst-inspect-0.10.exe and gst-launch-0.10.exe both seems to work fine. Also I found something about the PATH variable settings which i am not sure whether i have done it right or wrong ..  

I couldn't found any doc which specifies how to make gstreamer run on windows and after gstreamer environment is set how to use it for application development. If you have related link please help me with same.

Thanks..
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 10:57:38 am »

humm.. if you don't know how to compile something on windows, I don't know what more I can do to help you.. the gst package needs gstreamer and glib include files which you should have on your system (include files, not binary dlls) if you want to build that.. your compiler should also be set correctly in order to find thoe include files...
I suggest you google for "gstreamer winbuilds" there's a group that builds gstreamer for windows.. and they have a -dev package too whcih has the include files you need..  maybe ask them for help on how to compile that because it is way out of scope for amsn support.

KaKaRoTo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: