aMSN Forums
January 18, 2018, 05:15:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New and Gooey: GUI blog  (Read 55170 times)
holy_wood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 10:39:47 pm »

On that screenshot, the main problem (i think) it's people having a lot of contacts... The list would be sooo long !

ditmir

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 03:49:45 pm »

ıjholm

GHF
fabs0028

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 02:32:02 pm »

That is really some great ideas and screenshot !!
Just wanted to say that you are doing a really great job and i can't wait to see it implemented in amsn Smiley
FdB
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 09:50:39 pm »

:!::!::!::!::!::!::!: GREAT, JUST GREAT and AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait to see this working, my God aMSN is so great it makes me cry Tongue Tongue Tongue I hope I'm not the only one feeling this Tongue Tongue Tongue otherwise I'll call myself aMSN Cryaholic Cheesy
ironfistchamp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2006, 02:32:08 pm »

has this died or is it going on behind the scenes. I think the screenies look absolutely awesome. Really want amsn to look like this. Hope it isn't dead.

Ironfistchamp
Fabioamd87
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2006, 07:54:01 pm »

also i hope isn't dead Wink
.. i hope is finisched  :lol:
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 04:22:47 pm »

I think it's dead... it was too complicated, too slowwwwwwww and mostly incompatible on different platforms and/or distros...
Also, by getting the Chameleon plugin out, this project made no more sense... try Chameleon plugin, you'll like it.

KaKaRoTo
Fabioamd87
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 06:16:28 pm »

i try chamelion, but i not found it very interesting, can you put some screenshot?

why don't start coding amsn2 with c++ and find other developers?
GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 10:26:15 pm »

Quote from: "Fabioamd87"
i try chamelion, but i not found it very interesting, can you put some screenshot?

lol... easy to say/ask for it... hard to make this possible... first because most of devs (i think...) will need to learn C++.. and takes more time to code than other interpreter languages...(and of course, if this could be possible... they will need more devs...). Other, is the time that each other have for the project... and of course, motivation plays stronger here too.
So.. is not so easy... of course, this my point of view...

Fabioamd87
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 11:05:32 pm »

yes, and i tink, why dont ask support to another open source project?
Auria
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 12:47:28 am »

Quote from: "Fabioamd87"

I think the plan for amsn2 was to keep the networkinng bit in TCL, and they didn't know about the GUI...
if the GUI is in C++, i'd be happy to help, but i'll *never* be doing TCL Tongue
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 03:46:53 pm »

Hi,
@Fabio : first, this is a complete off topic. If you want to start talking about this, add a new thread in the "whatever you want to talk about" forum...
secondly, you're not a developer, and I don't think you have much right to request stuff like that as you don't really know what you are talking about. Gus made a very clear explanation (thanks for that Smiley ) and I don't think it's as easy as it looks to you...
About chameleon, there are plenty of screenshots, if you just took the time to look at the thread about chameleon before asking those questions...  we wouldn't be wasting time here...
@Auria : you never used Tcl so you don't know how easy it is, maybe you should give it a try before cursing it....

KaKaRoTo
bluetit
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 05:21:41 pm »

Yeah sorry I didnt post any more on that blog and sorry I didnt post a "this is dead" thing on it.....
I've been so swamped all this year with personal stuff, school stuff, and now, uni stuff, I'm not even active on amsn at the moment, maybe when i get more time (amsn devs say that a lot! but of course most of them just keep soldiering on unlike me Wink)

Tom

~Bluetit
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: