aMSN Forums
May 28, 2018, 06:20:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: audio and webcam not working on eeePC 701  (Read 5856 times)
asusgibraltar

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2009, 11:40:56 am »

hi, i am totally new to these laptops, and to the whole programming etc, i am trying to get th webcam working but i am a little dumb with these things lol. i do not understand how to follow the steps as i dont know what a command line is... nor the said programs in the forums and posts. would someone be so kind as in helping me.

i am working on linux, and i have an eeepc 701, the problem is that amsn says the camera and audio cannot be found. please help!!!!

asusgibraltar.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 07:55:12 pm »

Hi, welcome to the forums!
first, no need for capital letters, it just looks like you're yelling and everyone hates yelling.. + it's ugly! I edited the title to make it lower case instead of upper case, and added "on eeePC 701" in the title.
anyways, about your problem, can you give us more details? is your webcam working with other applications? did you search the forum for eeePC and did you try whatever was suggested in other threads? what is the exact error message given in both cases ? also, audio and video are tested independently so it can't just say "camera and audio cannot be found"... also is it the snack extension that it can't find, or is it the device, or it finds it but can't open it, etc...
as much info as you can, otherwise we can't help (and make sure you search the forum and try everything else before...)

KaKaRoTo
asusgibraltar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 09:17:07 pm »

Hi, sorry for the capital letters, the webcam works with the normal program which the eeepc laptop brings, but does not work on amsn.I have tried the posts people have put on the forum to get the webcam working on amsn but it does not work, when i try to configure the webcam with amsn program, the program either stays stuck or it says "no webcam was found, or is in use by another program (which means it cant be used by amsn). and for the audio it says "you wont be able to record yourself or talk with friends,  you will find answers on how to install  this extention on our wiki. But i stress that it does work on the eeepc programs to capture pics video, and recordings.

I was trying to follow the steps for "w. cam device or resource busy" just incase it was that, but as im totally new to eeepc's to be honest i didnt know what some things were,

then i also tried the following post, "How I did to make USB/webcam microphone work with aMSN SVN" but when i got to point 1 to search for the "install alsa-devel" part, i got the following : bash: yum: command not found.

thanks.

asusgib.
gwapojoe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 03:11:03 pm »

I bought an asus 701 4g surf, i installed amsn from the asus eecpc site and am also facing the same problem. the cam works fine in other programs but when i launch the audio and webcam setup from the properties menu amsn just freezes and i have to restart the pc.

Any ideas are most welcome,

Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: