aMSN Forums
July 22, 2019, 07:09:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing Amsn svn : A repository for Ubuntu users  (Read 153447 times)
Stemp
Power user

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2009, 09:30:22 am »

gupnp-igd only exist in Karmic (the development version of Ubuntu), it's not in Jaunty.

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2009, 06:34:20 pm »

on debian unstable :
kakaroto# apt-cache policy libgupnp-igd-1.0-2
libgupnp-igd-1.0-2:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 0.1.3-2
  Version table:
     0.1.3-2 0
        500 http://ftp.ca.debian.org unstable/main Packages

KaKaRoTo
stimpyjcat

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2009, 12:49:23 am »

sorry for the very late answer...

well, after a windows chaos, when managed to make all the system to work fine, when tried again couldnt get the same error anymore (seg fault after 5 minutes of chat calling from wlm to amsn), now both messengers close the call after few seconds without any error from the amsn

i might need to reconfigure some of the audio call related packages but cant remember all the package names (libnice, farsight and others)

OT:
why all the msn open projects dont make a common custom implementation of audio calls to use between free msn clients? (that will turn the cake for m$ as we say around here ^^)
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2009, 01:39:47 am »

Humm.. if you are able to reproduce your segmentation fault, please provide us with a gdb backtrace so I can fix the crash!
About the common implementation of audio calls, yes, that's farsight 2 using libnice... but anyways, M$ already decided to use a RFC standard protocol for audio calls which is compatible with any other audio implementation, they also added specific stuff for third party client for interoperability, so I don't think that any "cake would turn over on them" :p

KaKaRoTo
Kreuger
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2009, 04:43:07 pm »

gupnp-igd only exist in Karmic (the development version of Ubuntu), it's not in Jaunty.
I'm using Jaunty on this machine so I don't know why there was an update but there was and it made a problem for me. I just wanted to report that it seemed to break through this repo and that I was able to recompile the svn by hand fine.
stimpyjcat

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2009, 10:33:39 am »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
Humm.. if you are able to reproduce your segmentation fault, please provide us with a gdb backtrace so I can fix the crash!
Im trying to get a segmentation fault but the calls closes without any error using gdb

Ill try switching systems and installing win on the notebook (oooh the paaaain :cry: ) to test again in a not-so-frankestein-like-ubuntu

*starts digging for win drivers*
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2009, 08:57:49 pm »

hummm.. if it closes without a segmentation fault then what is it ? does it report somehing like an "Abort"? any error shown on the console ?

KaKaRoTo
stimpyjcat

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2009, 03:06:36 pm »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
hummm.. if it closes without a segmentation fault then what is it ? does it report somehing like an "Abort"? any error shown on the console ?
was the audio device :S (the sink is the one that kills the call)

now, when calling from amsn (using hal) to wlmsn, got a poor quality (on the amsn side) but the connection remains. If call from wlmsn the quality is lot better at first but sometimes gets muted (or sounds really bad) after a couple of minutes (could be the audio device too or farsight). And still got problems with amsn, it gets muted with no reason (error or anything, could be the device again... or farsight)

Im going to test again with different device (pulse, oss and others) and with amsn against amsn (after finding the correct devices), if something goes wrong you will see me yelling around here  :lol:  (if everything goes well too, but louder Tongue )
Stemp
Power user

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2009, 12:35:50 pm »

aMSN 0.98.1 is ready for Karmic in the PPA.

But.... there is probably some installation/upgrade problems (that's why it's only for Karmic for now).

Could you please test the installation and the upgrade using apt-get or aptitude ?

Thanks

Stemp
Power user

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2009, 10:39:12 pm »

Thanks for your help, I had not a single feedback. So I guess I'm doing this PPA for nothing.

Anyway 0.98.1 is ready for Jaunty.

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2009, 09:38:21 am »

hehe, no, it's not for nothing.. I recently stickied your thread and we often tell people to use your PPA! it's very helpful thanks Smiley

KaKaRoTo
wild_oscar

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2009, 03:17:42 pm »

Indeed, it is not for nothing.

I am using it myself. I had a problem yesterday - an ubuntu upgrade broke your PPA packge and amsn was removed (and only version 0.97 was available), but it seems it is now back to normal and I'm using your repository again!
apostolos_

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2009, 11:30:12 am »

Hey i installed amsn using ppa repositories...but when i try to start a voice or a video call it says it needs farsight2....But i saw farsight2 in the repositories....something i must do?
Stemp
Power user

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2009, 11:42:58 am »

Quote from: "apostolos_"
Hey i installed amsn using ppa repositories...but when i try to start a voice or a video call it says it needs farsight2....But i saw farsight2 in the repositories....something i must do?

Karmic, Jaunty, Intrepid ?

apostolos_

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2009, 12:26:00 pm »

lol...sorry my fault interpid!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: