aMSN Forums
December 13, 2018, 10:16:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio Call on my N800  (Read 10654 times)
marce_245

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2009, 11:54:45 pm »

He guys. I wast just wondering why the webcam is supported (I mean that I can make videocalls), but I can't make an audio call. I can see the person but not hear it. I have a Nokia N800 (Maemo Platform), would it be possible to make this feature work?.

Thanks in advance.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 08:07:56 pm »

welcome to the forums,
simple answer is no, not yet... if you read the FAQ, search the forum, you'll know that the webcam feature is VIDEO ONLY, it doesn't support audio.. and for audio to work, you would need to follow instructions here : http://amsn-project.net/wiki/Farsight
But that will only work on your pc, the maemo platform already has gstreamer and farsight, but it has older versions, and I don't want to upgrade them because then it would just break the maemo platform itself... also those packages are from the system, you we can't just install something over them, so it makes it hard for maemo...

KaKaRoTo
SlowHand

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 04:59:49 pm »

First of all, sorry to reply an old post.. but it's relevant.

I just saw that aMSN was ported to Maemo 5 platform.
My question, will it run on a Nokia N800 with Maemo 4 (Diablo)?

Thanks

SlowHand
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 09:57:50 pm »

Hi, welcome to the forums,
It should run on an N800, but you'd need to grab my old packages from here : http://kakaroto.homelinux.net/~kakaroto/n810
there are chinook and diablo files there.. they should work on the N800.. the newer tcl/tk won't work because it's not hildonized and the n800 doesn't have a hardware keyboard so that's an issue, that's why you need those packages..
there's only an old version of aMSN in there, but you could try to compile the new one yourself, just download scratchbox and compile it (follow the instructions on maemo.org, there's a simple script to get scratchbox and the diablo SDK).
Audio calls won't work though because the dependencies you need are not available on diablo and you can't install them (they would conflict with diablo packages, screwing up the VoIP features of the N800 itself).

KaKaRoTo
SlowHand

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 06:08:54 am »

Hi Karakoto,

I will give it a try, thank you.

I am not sure if I am able to compile it myself, but, it worth try..

thanks again.

SlowHand
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: