aMSN Forums
July 21, 2017, 05:33:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MSN rejecting msn clients that it uses MSN 15 protocol  (Read 5247 times)
Bloodsucker
Power user

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2009, 03:22:14 pm »

http://ezmiezmi.blog.hu/2009/01/12/error_unable_to_retrieve_msn_address_book

Starting at about 20:00 PST tonight (January 11), Microsoft’s servers have stopped accepting logins from clients that use version 15 of the protocol, including Adium 1.3.2. The Debug Window in debug and beta versions of Adium reveals that their server is failing to find a certificate that it needs when Libpurpleattempts to retrieve your MSN Address Book.

In case you’re wondering, this also affects Pidgin, which means it’s definitely not an Adium problem.

We’re not sure whether this is a temporary server problem or a permanent change that will break P15-using Libpurple-based clients (including Adium 1.3.2) until a future Libpurple release. If it turns out to be the latter, we’ll almost certainly include that Libpurple update in our next 1.3.3 beta.

jum!!, my amsn svn doesn't connect... and I have the same error of this post. I go to install the latest svn version and try Sad, actually amsn DOESNT connect Sad

edit: with latest svn (amsn (0.98b-svn10844)) amsn works apparently correctly.

FUNK Microsoft ¬¬  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 06:47:10 pm »

Bloodsucker.. if you have the same problem as in this post : http://www.amsn-project.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6196
then why create a new thread?

KaKaRoTo
Bloodsucker
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 03:25:46 am »

Because I would only report this actuation from Microsoft...
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 05:04:13 am »

microsoft didn't do anything to kick us out, they just cleaned their server, we were the ones doing the wrong thing (using the wrong server) from day one, simply because we were too lazy to implement the redirection stuff... just as much as the protocol change happened that blocked 0.97 release from working, microsoft didn't do it against us, they just cleaned their server, and we had a bug in our code that was depending on their own "old crap"...

KaKaRoTo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: