aMSN Forums
December 11, 2018, 12:48:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem relating Invisible Status  (Read 17196 times)
DelusionsMaster

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2006, 02:35:11 pm »

Hi you all,
I've found a problem regarding the Invisible Status in aMSN, a problem I don't know if anybody has met before...
If I'm talking to someone, and then I change my status to invisible, this person can still talk to me, and I can talk to him: if I close the window, he can't talk to me anymore, but instead I can still query him again and he sees me, and then we can talk again as we were both online.
It's not a Linux specific problem (I have the CVS on Fedora Core 4, but the same thing happens with 0.95 too), since a friend of mine, who uses aMSN under XP, has it too (it's him who found it out and told me).
I think it's probably aMSN that doesn't cut off all connections to peers when going invisible, but I may be wrong... has anybody found out the same thing?
Thanks in advance, hope to hear you soon
vivia
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 03:46:53 pm »

The MSN protocol allows us to do this, so it's a semi-intentional feature of aMSN Smiley I don't see why it should be a problem, you can cut them off yourself anyway.
nicko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:53:14 pm »

Hi! i was noticed about that "feature" since the 0.94, but in my case, i was able to open a chat window even when i was offline, i really don't know what i did (i clicked here, here... and here!) but i think that deactivated some flag that checked if i'm offline. i wonder if there's a way to activate the "invisible feature", 'cause i need to get online -> open a chat window -> offline to talk in invisible mode.

Thanks for the help!!!

Lo que mas vale en la vida es superarse a si mismo!
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 10:15:59 pm »

nicko, search the damn forums!!!
when it happened to you it's only because there was some error on the MSN server part, I remember when we were able to open a chat being offline, then it disappeared, came back again, etc.. for a couple of weeks. There is no way to do it unless the MSN servers allow us to...

KaKaRoTo
nick
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 08:51:20 am »

Hi everyone, i searched the forum and found this topic (mainly by the subject) as the most suitable for my issue. I can't send messages if I'm in invisible mode, neither can send messages if the person i'm writing to is offline, whereas I can receive messages from offline or invisible contacts and answer them (even if - other strange feature - I must answer in less than about 1 minute or I'll lose the connection for that comunication and unable to send messages again until that offline contact writes to me again).
Does everyone find this problem? Is that a msn protocol error or a program bug?

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:10:07 pm by nick » Logged
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 07:35:31 pm »

You should try using amsn 0.98.3 or if not working even try SVN.
nick
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 08:07:50 pm »

I'm using a portable edition, and I'm afraid mine is the last version (0.97.2)   Undecided  isn't it?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 08:59:35 pm »

http://www.amsn-project.net/wiki/Portable_aMSN

KaKaRoTo
nick
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 09:37:59 pm »

Oh, so i can make portable a standard version? OK, I'll try   Wink
nick
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 08:03:30 pm »

Well, i was thinking: if we just launch the standard installation choosing the usb drive pattern, which difference with that procedure? If we install the application on an usb drive it works as it was a portable application.. doesn't it?
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 03:20:19 pm »

It's pretty much the same, as just installing on any drive and then copying amsn's folder...
nick
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 05:52:36 pm »

The issue continues..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: