aMSN Forums
August 17, 2017, 10:53:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Chameleon plugin : Native/GTK/QT look for aMSN  (Read 218369 times)
woekele
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 02:13:56 pm »

Kakaroto, I would like the menus changed in the contactlist window. Right now they are all fancy and stuff. With blue highlighting etc. Also there's the fancy slider (vertical scrollbar) on the right of the contactlist. I would like this to be all just default windows-looks.
vivia
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 03:45:52 pm »

The menus are not implemented in Tile. You have either what you see now, or the default Tk menus, what you had until 0.95 or so. To bring back the Tk menus, open gui.tcl and comment the line: package require pixmapmenu

I don't know well about the scrollbars, let someone who knows them better answer this for me.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 04:14:23 pm »

Hi,
Thanks vivia for following up with the users.
@woekele : only complaints ? even no 'please'... anyways, that's how people are.. as vivia said, the menus are not from chameleon, the scrollbars are not from chameleon. If you want the menus back to normal, as Vivia said, comment the 'package require pixmapmenu' in the beginning of gui.tcl from amsn's sources.. if you want the normal scrollbars.. do the same for the 'package require pixmapscroll' in the same file.. if you want Chameleon to implement the scrollbar, edit chameleon.tcl and change the value of the variable wrapped_procs, add scrollbar inside the list, right before the closing ].

@vivia : why ask ? you are free to create/mosify the themes you want... I wonder where Tom is, I'm sure he'll be pleased with Chameleon being stable, and will create some awesome themes + skins.. with theme+skin integrating with each other Cheesy

KaKaRoTo
woekele
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 05:02:18 pm »

Kakaroto, what are you on about? On the previous page you asked me what else I would expected to be changed, and I gave you the answer, stating the things I would like changed in my amsn. 'would like' is already a friendly form of asking, unlike 'want'. Adding 'please' is a bit redundant when using 'would like'. I was not making demands or anything, just stating which things I would like differently. Also, I wasnt complaining at all. A complaint would be me saying "omfg!111 this is s000 cr4pp!!!111", but I didn't. Do I really have to put in every post I make how much I like aMSN and stuff and use please at least 3 times for you to not go crazy? Relax a little man. If you can't take user-feedback, dont ask for it on a forum. But okay, if you want to portray me as the typical asshole-user, that only makes demands an whines about stuff, go ahead...

Anyway, the pixmap-commenting works great, very happy with that, but when commenting package require pixmapscroll, I get the error when starting amsn: "Error in startup script"

bad window path name "reloadimages"
 while executing
"scrollbar reloadimages $psdir"
 (procedure "::skin::reloadSkin" line 50)

and a lot more text, but I hope this is enough for you to know what it is.

Now, could you please maybe very please tell me how I could fix this? If its not too much of your time please? Thanks in advance, I love aMSN, great work!! You are the best!
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 05:24:30 pm »

ROFL, lol, lol, lol...
woekele, you don't need to get angry about that, I made a little comment about your posts, just stating that you only complained (look at the first two posts you made, both seem to be a little bit...'harsh'), but that's all, just commented, and answered you, now look at your post, what is all this story about ? you go crazy and write tons of text to explain yourself, there's no need, I never portrayed you as the typical asshole user or whatever, just made a comment that would let you understand that I'm not good enough in english to understand that 'would like' is a big form of politness.. anyways, you're making too much noise about nothing.
About your 'oh-so-mighty-politely-asked-request" : yes, that's one problem I want to adress soon, it's caused by amsn's code being too much depend on the pixmapscroll widget, in order for it to work, you must make sure amsn starts with Chameleon loaded, since Chameleon has a hook to prevent that kind of bug, it makes it painfull to you (until I fix it), but you have to enable pixmapscroll, open amsn, load chameleon, save it, close amsn, disable pixmapscroll, open amsn with chameleon loaded at startup.
MAKE SURE you modified Chameleon in order for it to support scrollbars, which means the wrapped_proc variable (in the first lines of chameleon.tcl) should look like this :
Code:

variable wrapped_procs [list button frame \
labelframe label \
radiobutton checkbutton \
NoteBook entry combobox::combobox \
menubutton scrollbar]

Give feedback on whether it worked good for you or not.

p.s.: If you want to continue the debate about how much I misjudged you or whatever you want to call it, do it with PMs please, in order to keep the forum clear, thanx!

KaKaRoTo
woekele
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2006, 06:14:00 pm »

Okay, let's forget about that, just miscommunication I guess.

Your solution works like a charm, thanks very much for that. Only the scrollbar looks a bit weird now. Like its a button thats pushed down.

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/7593/scrollbar12gk.jpg

oh and to make it more clear, this is how a normal scrollbar looks in windows:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9615/scrollbar24zq.jpg
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2006, 06:21:55 pm »

ok, perfect..
The scrollbar indeed looks weird.. I don't know how to fix that, as I didn't like the scrollbars widget, I didn't use them (+ never tested so it might be unstable)..
if you're using a pixmaped theme (not native), then maybe switching two pixmaps over will fix this, I don't know which ones though, sorry...

KaKaRoTo
woekele
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2006, 07:40:41 pm »

Now that I look at it some more.... the scrollbar-thingy is just upside down Smiley Ill try to find some way to turn it around.
yeah
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2006, 10:11:59 pm »

I think that you're using the "winxpblue" theme

Yes, sorry for not having specified it Smiley

you can get it back by adding the following line somewhere in the winxpblue.tcl file (in chameleon/themes/winxpblue)

Perfect! That solved the problem Smiley

There's just a little cosmetic thing: the border is too close to the widgets, could be added some space between?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 11:05:30 pm »

@woekle : tried all themes, can't reproduce, they seem to be ok for me..  + it's not upside down (if it were, clicking on the little buttons would make it go up for the bottom button, and vice versa...), it's just ... where's Mulder ?

@yeah : cool it worked.. about the padding in the labelframe, no idea! I 'm not the one who did the themes, I'm not the one maintaining theme, I don't even know exactly how it works... btw, they were all taken from tile's cvs and they were all outdated.. I had to rewrite part of kroc to make it work... sorry about that, maybe our artist designer will figure it out and create new wonderfull themes Cheesy

KaKaRoTo
yeah
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2006, 11:35:02 pm »

cool it worked.. about the padding in the labelframe, no idea! I 'm not the one who did the themes, I'm not the one maintaining theme, I don't even know exactly how it works... btw, they were all taken from tile's cvs and they were all outdated.. I had to rewrite part of kroc to make it work... sorry about that, maybe our artist designer will figure it out and create new wonderfull themes

Fine Smiley

Good work, btw Smiley
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006, 11:46:40 pm »

Thanks Smiley
don't forget to report any oddities (I have 3, combobox text getting selected when you choose a list item, a little 1 pixel border getting added around the tab bar in a tabbed chat window... and a 'not so perfect' on the fly theme changing (button bar and send button in the chatwindow).

Future additions : complete the plugin, adding support for scale, panedwindow, progressbar and dialog/message windows. And configure plugin should allow selection of individual widgets to support...

KaKaRoTo
woekele
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2006, 12:44:44 am »

Hehe weirdness this Smiley Ye, the up and down button work correct, but the little bar in the middle is displayed up-side-down. The little black line around it should be at the right and the bottom and the white line at the left and on top, instead of vice versa. I use the xp native theme (not xpblue). Did you try on windows or on something else? There must be somewhere in the chameleon code where the drawing of that thing is coded, right? I just cant find it. I did find stuff in the classictheme.tcl, like scrollbar -relief sunken/raised, but nothing like that in xptheme.tcl .
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 04:18:30 pm »

Hi woekele,
That was the fear I had, if it's not winxpblue, then it's xp native, if it's xp native, then there are no pixmaps to switch over, and the theme's code is in C, not in tcl, so it's that way compiled in the tile extension. No, chameleon doesn't do anything about that, Chameleon only wraps all Tk widgets into compatible tile widgets, which means that for example, if you had a :
frame .f -background red
chameleon will create a custom style for tile (that's how it works) with :
style configure .f.TFrame -background red
then create the tile witdget with
frame .f -style .f.TFrame
(because tile's frame doesn't support the -background option for frames, it only supports it throught a custom style...)
Some themes (pixmap themes) are configured throught a .tcl file (winxpblue.tcl for example) which specify how to display each widget, and which pixmaps (images) to put on the widget depending on its state (an image for the top corner, another for the lower corner, another for the center,  on state 'pressed', it uses the opposite images to make it look pressed, etc..) but for native/compiled themes (vs. pixmap themes), like xp native, windows native, aqua, clam, step, default, classic, revitalized, there's another way to do things.. I think for xp native, it directly uses windows API to get the same look and feel as windows XP.
I tried XP native on an XP machine, and it looks ok, but I realized that you don't have the 'fancy 3d borders' in your screenshot, which might mean that you disabled the 'themes' service in your XP installation, maybe that has something to do with it.. without themes support in windows, I think the tile's 'windows native' theme looks the same as xp native, so maybe you should use that one instead. I will try to reproduce that on my machine without themes enabled (control panel -> administrative tasks -> services -> themes -> stop) and see if I get the same behavior, if that's the case, then I'll have to fill in a bug report to the tile's developpers.
I'll let you know what I found. Thanks for reporting this.

KaKaRoTo
billiob
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2006, 09:38:20 pm »

[INFO]
With bash 3.1 or higher, there's a bug in Tile, when "./configuring", you may have this :
Code:

checking system version (for dynamic loading)... ./configure: line 11132: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./configure: line 11132: `    case `(ac_space=' '; set | grep ac_space) 2>&1` in'
If you get this error while doing the .configure, do the following :
in tcl.m4, change the line
system=MP-RAS-`awk '{print $3}' /etc/.relid'`
to
system=MP-RAS-`awk '{print $3}' /etc/.relid`

And then, remove the ./configure, and run autoconf.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: