aMSN Forums
November 24, 2014, 08:54:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is my webcam so slow when chatting?  (Read 4370 times)
marianogedisman

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2008, 12:34:36 am »

When I take a snapshot it works just fine, but on the chat window is really slow. Any ideas?

Thanks so much.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 12:53:23 am »

you're firewalled. Forward your ports from your router to fix the problem. You can test your connectivity in the preferences dialog, connection tab.
It could also be because you or your friend have a slow connection... the image updates at the speed of the connection, while in the snapshot, it's local, so it's as fast as it can be.

KaKaRoTo
marianogedisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 01:23:54 am »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
you're firewalled. Forward your ports from your router to fix the problem. You can test your connectivity in the preferences dialog, connection tab.
It could also be because you or your friend have a slow connection... the image updates at the speed of the connection, while in the snapshot, it's local, so it's as fast as it can be.

Thanks for the reply. We have both DSL, and with Windows I didn't have this problem actually. I will try to forward the ports.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 07:17:08 pm »

windows will automatically forward your ports with upnp.. but amsn does not support upnp... we'll add that soon though...

KaKaRoTo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: