aMSN Forums
April 19, 2014, 11:00:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: aMSN2 quick compile guide  (Read 14780 times)
Joran

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2008, 12:15:30 am »

Hi guys,

I figure that there's a lot of people eager to see how things are progressing and the only thread here is for the efl version, so.... I thought I'd write down how to grab and click on all those non-working buttons in the gtk and qt version.... Only I can't really finish it 'cos I don't know it, so I thought I'd start it off and let someone else grab the baton and run with it.

So, the first bit is fairly obvious to me, and is needed in all guis... make a directory to test things out in (mine's ~/svns), open a terminal and cd into it, and run :
Code:
svn checkout https://amsn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn2 amsn2

Next comes the dependancies (anyone got a list for the gtk and qt frontends?, most popular is probably a list of ubuntu package names)
e.g.
Code:
sudo apt-get install python python-gtk2 python-qt4 python-adns python-pyopenssl python-crypto

If you are using debian/ubuntu, have a look at http://wiki.enlightenment.org/index.php/E17_User_Guide/Installing_using_Linux_distribution_packages#Binaries if you want to try the efl version.  I haven't completely looked at it so can't say how useful it is but it exists at least!

NOTE: this is possibly not yet a complete list, however it was enough for me to launch the gtk frontend, login and load my contacts.  As of time of writing, that is about the extent of said frontend, and qt4/console don't get that far.

Then, try to run it
    GTK -
Code:
./amsn2.py -f gtk

QT -
Code:
./amsn2.py -f qt4

Console -
Code:
./amsn2.py -f console

Curses -
Code:
./amsn2.py -f curses

Efl - erm, surely if you can get efl and etk downloaded you don't need this thread!
Code:
./amsn2.py -f efl

[/list]
Any others?

Please feel free to complete the blanks for me, and I'll edit the OP so newcomers can just follow it.  Once the instructions complete, we can of course add a bold line saying "don't report bugs, 'cos it's not finished yet" etc.
inverse

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 03:10:28 pm »

tried on ubuntu, and you need to install also python-openssl, for let it work..
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 07:29:49 pm »

@inverse :
from the README file, you need :
python-adns
python-pyopenssl
python-crypto

this guide here is to extend the README, not replace it.

KaKaRoTo
inverse

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 02:39:31 pm »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
@inverse :
from the README file, you need :
python-adns
python-pyopenssl
python-crypto

this guide here is to extend the README, not replace it.

thanks....kakaroto
Honetly I tried the svn version, just for fun....I like to see how a software grown up...so I just spent 2 minute for take a peek....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: