aMSN Forums
August 25, 2019, 04:39:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Matter 4.0  (Read 44162 times)
dyzzi

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2008, 05:30:56 am »

Enter: Dark Matter

Released under the GNU/GPL license, so feel free to modify, tweak or re-arrange ANY and ALL of the theme's contents as you see fit.

Sign In Screen

Full Dark Matter Spread Out (The details are horrible in this pic... i whipped it up in like 10 seconds cuz i really hate this part of uploading a skin lol)

Dark Matter 4.0 Download Mirrors:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1c9451322700f33e91b20cc0d07ba4d254e99014d1e84107

Also, If you'd like you can snag the new Flavor Pack for some modification goodness.. there are some new backgrounds in there and some notification bars... Oh! and the old box boarders if you want to revert back to the old Dark Matter of yesteryear. =P

<Changelog>
Changed the background to suit a theme that would correctly reflect the title "Dark Matter"
Changed some parts to the scroll bar
Notification bars also got a "Dark Matter" theme feel to them
Transparency added to the contact list box boarder to help bring out the new background
Added Montblanc's Farsight buttons for Audio/Video call (Special Thanks to him for those!!!)
New winicons (the old Ninja Scroll's winicons are now global for my work)
A bit of icon tweaking here and there and basically at this point i see no room for further modification lol

[Note: There are two different archive types available for download .zip and .bz2 (this will cater better to different kinds of archive compressors. choose either one as long as you know your archive decompression tool will support the chosen file extension) ALSO, I have added a Dark Matter package that contains SMALLER NOTIFICATION BARS (sized the exact same as the aMSN default) You can find this labelled Dark Matter 4.0 -Small Notes- (and you may also download that in either of the two archive formats mentioned above) ]

Thanks and Enjoy. =D
dyzzi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 11:25:53 pm »

DARK MATTER IS UP!!! FINALLY SAVEFILE.COM FIXED THE SECURITY CODE BUG!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy christ i was getting fed up with this crap lol.
Daniel15
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 05:21:30 am »

Looks nice, great work Cheesy

Ubuntu 8.04, Tcl/Tk 8.5, aMSN SVN
My sites: [DanSoft Australia] [Daniel15's Forum and Blog and more...
Sull

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 09:13:38 am »

Just tried it, seems very nice!!

I will add this skin to my SVN installer soon, I would update more frequently if it was more popular !!!
Sull

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 03:56:04 am »

Added this skin to my SVN installer...

http://www.amsn-project.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29731#29731
dyzzi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 11:45:12 pm »

DARK MATTER v2.0 RELEASED!!!

Small Update, read the changelog.
clookie
Power user

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 07:24:36 am »

+ + + DARK MATTER FLAVOR PACKAGE (16:10 Widescreen)

http://www.savefile.com/files/1748186

==>download doesn't work, it says the file is corrupted after I download it
it's only 932 bytes tall... can't really be much... :-)
great skin!

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 08:48:44 am »

<off-topic><rant>why do even Canadians seem to insist on spelling things wrong like Americans? It's FlavoUr!!</rant></off-topic>

Now for a serious comment!

Great work as usual!!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1!
dyzzi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 04:02:51 pm »

Quote from: "clookie"
+ + + DARK MATTER FLAVOR PACKAGE (16:10 Widescreen)

http://www.savefile.com/files/1748186

==>download doesn't work, it says the file is corrupted after I download it
it's only 932 bytes tall... can't really be much... :-)
great skin!

it's definitely not a corrupted file... but since it makes logical sense to do so.. i've provided a mirror for you.
dyzzi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 04:45:46 pm »

Updated Picture Cheesy
dyzzi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 05:11:07 am »

VERSION 3.0 IS OUT!!!
Montblanc
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 04:30:17 pm »

Congratulations, dizzy! I really love your skin! I made Farsight (audio/video call) buttons for Dark Matter v3 'cause there were none and the default ones don't match your icons design and size. I know you'll soon create much better buttons.
For all of you who can't wait, here's the archive, just extract the files in the pixmaps folder of Dark Matter and restart aMSN.

Enjoy!
dyzzi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 12:07:52 am »

1. thank you montblanc for your comments Cheesy they're greatly appreciated Tongue the more comments the more ambitious i become about updating the skin too =P

2. i'm actually working on re-releasing all 6 of the skins here with some graphical changes involving primarily transparency and the use of alpha channels as well as giving kind of a "dark matter" feel to the skin instead of a product that doesn't really suit it's title Tongue (don't worry they're all gorgeous changes, and i'll include the files needed to revert if you wish =P). Also to note, i'm also throwing in my own version of a minimalistic skin that will attempt to literally crush amsn into practically nothing... the best way to describe it is really "how many times can you fold a piece of paper till it cannot be folded anymore?" lol (needless to say, it won't be as pretty as the minimalistic skins that are out as of right now, but it will be kind of along the lines of a SAFE FOR WORK project where all you can see is the bare essentials.)

3. your DL link at mediafire is down... which sucks cuz i'd really like to see them. mainly the problem for me is that if i don't know what something does because i don't use a specific feature of amsn i don't even bother making changes in that area. example: i bought a widescreen monitor and now i upped the BG rez to 1680-1050x respectively. So needless to say, this is greatly appreciated, i'll look into implementing what you've done into the next version with credit of course Tongue

but first and foremost, thou must fix thy broke ass link =P

ALSO, sorry to all those who enjoy my projects about the lack of screen shots... i know most of you are lazy like me and don't want to go through the trouble downloading the damn thing just to end up with a pile of crap =P

i've just decided not to bother with all that excess effort when i'm making contact list graphic changes that will totally put to shame the crap i would have shown you otherwise Tongue so bear with me Cheesy
ElCynico

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 07:05:15 pm »

Quote from: "dyzzi"
Also to note, i'm also throwing in my own version of a minimalistic skin that will attempt to literally crush amsn into practically nothing... the best way to describe it is really "how many times can you fold a piece of paper till it cannot be folded anymore?" lol (needless to say, it won't be as pretty as the minimalistic skins that are out as of right now, but it will be kind of along the lines of a SAFE FOR WORK project where all you can see is the bare essentials.

Sounds very interesting. I would certainly like to test that skin as long as you do not 'fold the paper' at the expense of usability (well, in theory, you can't write anything to paper that's folded n times... Tongue)

Also looking forward other updates, Dark Matter rocks!
Montblanc
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 09:55:22 pm »

That's great, dyzzi! Cheesy

P.S.: The Mediafire link should work, I downloaded the zip right now.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: