aMSN Forums
October 23, 2014, 03:19:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: MSNP16 and multi-presence  (Read 29239 times)
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« on: April 30, 2008, 11:36:14 pm »

Hi,
Per Far^Side's curious question over IRC, I took a quick look at MSNP16 and the mpop support (Multiple Points of Presence Support) and I hacked amsn to support MSNP16...
it's not much tested, but it's working for me so far, the important thing is that you can connect from multiple places and it just works Smiley
ugly issues are :
1 - not everything was tested so it might bug if you try something that I didn't try which had a change in the protocol
2 - when opening a chat, you will see yourself as part of the chat ('3' user chat, yourself, yourself and your friend:p)
3 - when receiving a chat from a non msnp16 user to your msnp16 amsn when you have multiple points connected, you will see all of the other msnp16 connections joined in the chat too.. and with a pretty ugly nickname/email (contains the unique machine id).

For information on the other protocol limitations, refer to the MSNP15 protocol limitations : http://www.amsn-project.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4666 (since both use the same base).

MSNP16 support added in SVN revision 9782

have fun! Cheesy

KaKaRoTo
Daniel15
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 12:08:24 am »

Ooh, awesome! I'll try this later Cheesy
Any documentation available on the changes in MSNP16? Also, what version of Windows Live Messenger uses it?

Ubuntu 8.04, Tcl/Tk 8.5, aMSN SVN
My sites: [DanSoft Australia] [Daniel15's Forum and Blog and more...
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 12:12:21 am »

no documentation yet from anyone...
and only WLM 9 beta supports it.. but the public server supports the protocol so we can already use it Cheesy

KaKaRoTo
Fabioamd87
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 10:26:53 am »

OT: when msnp15 become default in amsn?
Fenix-TX
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 12:55:16 pm »

Quote from: "Fabioamd87"
OT: when msnp15 become default in amsn?

I hope fixes like lost connection and re-connection before be default.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 03:14:34 pm »

@Fabio : when it will be ready :@
@Fenix : yeah, it's annoying me too..

KaKaRoTo
yeah
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 03:25:52 pm »

What is multi-presence?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 08:51:48 pm »

<takeshi> what's the purpose of this multi presence
<Far^Side> takeshi, beeing logged in on two different computers at the same time
<KaKaRoTo-KS> takeshi, you connect on 10 computers at the same time.. your home desktop, your laptop, your work station, your nokia internet tablet, your blackberry and your iphone... and none of them gets disconnected :p

in other words, you can keep both your home and work computers logged in without getting your home computer disconnected when you get to work in the morning and you connect from there..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presence_information#MPOP_and_presence_by_observation

KaKaRoTo
Fabioamd87
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 08:52:48 am »

jabber does it from many many yaers
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 11:32:50 am »

Fabio, we all know that, and that's not the point.

KaKaRoTo
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 02:56:55 am »

multi presence is now implemented correctly in the latest SVN, you can now connect correctly on multiple machines at the same time, and aMSN will show you where you are connected..
http://kakaroto.homelinux.net/~kakaroto/amsn/wlm9.jpg

KaKaRoTo
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 06:45:39 am »

Does this require a config::setKey protocol 16 (or whatever it is) command in the console?
Also, they way I currently use msn is I have my 4 msn accounts logged in with aMSN on my home pc. and leave myself logged in all the time (unless I do a reboot or SVN update for aMSN) and then whenever I want to go on msn and I am not at home I just VNC into my home pc, that way I don't miss any messages, avoid OIMs and have my chat history all in one place.
My question is if I were to leave things as is and add multi-presence, when I log in from another location, do I get all the messages in the windows currently open on my home pc, or if there are messages waiting for me at home I dont get them on the 2nd location and the only messages I see on both locations are the ones that are received while I am logged in at both?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1!
Fenix-TX
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 03:30:37 pm »

Not working fine here. I've tried two amsn, one in my computer (linux) and other on my father's laptop. In addition, i have another account with amsn on my computer (msnp 11). I've tried talk from my msnp16 account with my msnp11 account, but the message is only received on my other msnp16 account. I mean, i have (1) one account that i'm using with amsn (msnp16) in two computers, and (2) other account on amsn (msnp11). If i start a chat from (1) my amsn (msnp16), the message is only received on my other amsn (1), and not on my amsn (2). My explanation is bad, sorry.

EDITED: If i start the chat from my msnp11 works fine...
Fabioamd87
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 06:42:32 pm »

a question:
with multipresence, when we login from another location, for example school, the first location for example home, remain logged.
The we cant more login from another location only for disconnect us from the msn network?
the status is the same on each location? then we can set the status as offline?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 07:02:16 pm »

@H@t Trick : yes, you need the config::setKey protocol 16
hehe, I do the same as you.. well, I used to always use amsn on the server with vnc.. now, I use vnc to read the messages I had when I was not home, I connect it at work, and then vnc to reconnect it at home when I'm leaving...
anyways, to answer your question, no, you won't receive the 'backlog' of what messages you received while being logged in in the other location.. the idea is not that you go at work, you login, then receive all the messages that were sent to your other account... instead, you would always keep your msn logged in both at work and at home... simple!
@Fenix : I may have screwed up something... it worked before, then I know I did some changes, maybe I screwed that up...
@Fabio: yes, when you login from another location, the first location remains logged. And you can log in from up to 4 locations (apparently, from what they said in WLM's blog).
And yes, the status is the same everywhere, when you log in somewhere, they all take the new status, if you change your status somewhere, they all change to the same status.. same thing for the PSM, current song playing, etc... and that's because to your contacts, you're just 'connected', they don't know where you are connected.. or in how many places.. so they should all be synchronized.
if you disconnect, then it doesn't disconnect the others (unless you say so).

edit: @Fenix.. no it works here... maybe send me the protocol ans status logs...

KaKaRoTo
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: