aMSN Forums
February 19, 2020, 01:46:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant Log in :(  (Read 2994 times)
Rold

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2008, 02:46:57 am »

First of all I want to say that I'm new using linux, I'm using Ubuntu; I'm here alone and none of my friends ude linux so I don't have any support but myself and this forums for aMSN xD, sorry if my issue is dumn or silly but I think you will understand cuz you already read this.

I already downloaded the SVN version and I already did the first step on the guide, I used "sudo" then... what I need to put to make the second step? ( *)

Debian Based

This is a command line based installation method. This is only for the latest release version of aMSN. If you are not comfortable with the command line, you may also use synaptic or whatever package manager you want and install it the usual way.

That said, let's open a command prompt, and get these packages (you will need to be root, or use sudo):

apt-get build-dep amsn
 apt-get install fakeroot

Then configure and compile the Debian package:

* ./configure
 make deb

Install the Debian package:

mv  distrib/DEB/amsn* ~/Desktop
 cd ~/Desktop
 dpkg --install amsn*.deb

There you go, you now have the latest version of aMSN on your Debian based OS. The .deb package is now on your desktop, so if you want to save it for later, you can. This will also tie into your synaptic/aptitude, so uninstalling and upgrading will be handled through your current package management system.

Thanks for your time and help Cheesy.

EDIT: Oh!, and I used Terminal.
Phil
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 03:46:40 pm »

That will be simpler for you to use an aMSN-0.97.2 package.
You can fecth it from getdeb.net Just search aMSN and let's the wizard install it for you.

Phil

AMsn is great, and it will be greater :wink:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: