aMSN Forums
July 29, 2014, 07:37:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video conversation  (Read 409327 times)
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #510 on: January 28, 2009, 01:40:32 am »

ok cool, well it works.. that 'creating source (null)' is just a debug that shows if you manually configured farsight to use a specific device or pipeline (like read from a file instead of using a microphone, etc...).. there's no UI for this, so you can't specify it yet, so the creating source will always show (null).. and since it's NULL, it will automatically try to detect and use any audio device it finds... also note that the latest SVN version *should* (not really tested) work even if you have no microphone, it will just become a receive only session..

KaKaRoTo
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: February 10, 2009, 03:03:19 am »

Hi,
I wanted to post a bit of news to everyone who's interested in the Audio/Video conversation...
- the audio call may or may not work with WLM2009 users right now, sometimes it complains that the other contact should upgrade, sometimes it doesn't...
- I have just recently (today) made aMSN audio call work with WLM2009 using the newest tunneled SIP (SIP messages go through the NS using UUN commands, instead of using an external SIP server), and using the latest ICE-19 draft! I had to modify a bit libnice to make it work because they did some non-standard stuff in there (I'm guessing it's a bug they have), so if you want the latest WLM2009 audio call compatibility (and assuming you are using MSNP16), then you should update your SVN, recompile it, AND get the latest GIT of libnice, and recompile farsight2 too..
- I have also found that WLM2009 allows, when using MSNP16+ to do a video call using SIP.. the codec will be H263, and it would also be using libnice, farsight2 and gstreamer.. this means that yeay, we can finally have a real bidirectional audio+video call working AND it is not that crappy older protocol anymore.. it will be RTP, so it will be really nice for a change Smiley
More news soon, for now I'm still working on this, but hopefully, we'll soon be able to do audio and video calls correctly using either ICE6 or ICE19 specs...
See ya!

KaKaRoTo
Montblanc
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: February 11, 2009, 12:51:09 pm »

Great, kakaroto! Simply, GREAT!
Just one thing: you forgot to say your git repo isn't nice.git anymore, but libnice.git:
Code:
git clone git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/user/kakaroto/libnice.git libnice

I'll look for someone using WLM 2009 and let you know!  :wink:
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: February 11, 2009, 03:48:42 pm »

humm.. yeah, right, the repo changed name, true. but you're not going to use git now, right... wait until I fix it all correctly, then make a release! :p

KaKaRoTo
Montblanc
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #514 on: February 11, 2009, 06:46:42 pm »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
humm.. yeah, right, the repo changed name, true. but you're not going to use git now, right... wait until I fix it all correctly, then make a release! :p

Yeah, you're right. After compiling your libnice from git and farsight2 0.0.4 I noticed that wish was sucking ~60% off from my cpu... I don't know if it's due to libnice, I should remove it and see if it comes back to normal.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #515 on: February 11, 2009, 06:51:20 pm »

probably not caused by it

KaKaRoTo
Montblanc
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #516 on: February 11, 2009, 07:27:20 pm »

probably not caused by it

Right guess, I reverted to nice 0.0.4 and it's still happening. aMSN is really sucking too much resources from 2 or 3 revisions, should I open a topic about this?
vivia
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 11, 2009, 10:18:53 pm »

Yes, open a new topic and report it. Make sure you find the exact revision number and give details about the files changed. Smiley
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #518 on: February 12, 2009, 03:06:50 am »

and just in case.. without changing anything.. unplug your webcam and see if it still happens...

KaKaRoTo
Montblanc
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: February 12, 2009, 12:44:20 pm »

Unplugging my webcam makes aMSN use about 20% less cpu, but it still shouldn't suck that much. Anyway, i opened a topic and really hope it helps.
why.arent.guests.allowed
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 15, 2009, 11:36:42 am »

- I have also found that WLM2009 allows, when using MSNP16+ to do a video call using SIP.. the codec will be H263, and it would also be using libnice, farsight2 and gstreamer.. this means that yeay, we can finally have a real bidirectional audio+video call working AND it is not that crappy older protocol anymore.. it will be RTP, so it will be really nice for a change Smiley
More news soon, for now I'm still working on this, but hopefully, we'll soon be able to do audio and video calls correctly using either ICE6 or ICE19 specs...
See ya!

AWESOME! Cheesy

I've been away for ages, so I haven't tracked amsn forum. But today I decided to check what's new... and it's great news!
Amazing work kakaroto!

messengerfreak

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 17, 2009, 01:38:31 pm »

Simply amazing - thank you so much for this, kakaroto!

supernaicol

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 17, 2009, 03:54:18 pm »

I'm sorry, I didn't read all the 35 pages of this topic, so I don't know if someone else said this yet, anyway... using ubuntu jaunty (next 9.04 release), all the building dependencies to have amsn-svn working correctly with farsight (ver. 0.0.7) can be satisfied installing the libgstfarsight0.10-dev, with no need to manually compile nice and farsight frameworks.
It would be nice if you could make this present in the wiki page of farsight.
Thanks for all. Bye
zyazhou

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 18, 2009, 03:49:19 pm »

kakaroto,

I have one question about authorization header of sip register. I can see from the source code, when encoding $auth, $options(-password) is from $ticket. I can't find where $ticket come from, how can I get $ticket? Thx!
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: February 18, 2009, 06:44:24 pm »

it's the MessengerSecure ticket received from the SSO SOAP authentication that you use to authenticate with the notification server in MSNP15+

KaKaRoTo
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: