aMSN Forums
December 04, 2020, 07:00:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video conversation  (Read 697558 times)
harrydb
« Reply #420 on: November 08, 2008, 01:45:43 am »

apparently there were some old libraries hanging around that messed things up, after cleaning up everything on my filesystem that had the name farsight in it I finally got everything to load. Thanks for the tips and patience. I will try to make a call tomorrow.

By the way, I'm on ubuntu intrepid and it already has gstreamer0.10-plugins-farsight 0.12.9 so I did not compile that one.
lordamus
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 08, 2008, 02:38:20 am »

kakaroto:  I`m on svn 10689  now my voice finally hear from other side wlm8.5  but user said the voice comes very deeply,parasite and noise..  Mic levels is high in alsa mixer also mic boost is at the middle..  I`m using this settings in skype without problems..  it seems still some connection prblem around...
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: November 08, 2008, 06:01:08 am »

@harrydb: cool, glad to hear that.
@lordamus: when did you update/recompile amsn ? I fixed a sound issue yesterday which should make the voice 'clear' instead of 'with interruptions and hard to hear'... you don't need to recompile libnice or farsight2, just svn update amsn and recompile amsn...

KaKaRoTo
lordamus
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 08, 2008, 11:54:57 pm »

kakaroto:  I compiled at nov 8  1:00 am midnight  I dıd again svn update nothing updated I"m on svn 10700..  My voice still with interruptions and hard to hear and other sides voice didnt came to me nothing to hear...
MastaG
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 09, 2008, 02:58:41 pm »

Quote from: "lordamus"
kakaroto:  I compiled at nov 8  1:00 am midnight  I dıd again svn update nothing updated I"m on svn 10700..  My voice still with interruptions and hard to hear and other sides voice didnt came to me nothing to hear...

You could try running this command: gstreamer-properties
On fedora9 it brings up a panel to setup sound input and output for gstreamer.
I set it to use the mic inside my webcam and it works when I press the test button.
[/img]
lordamus
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 09, 2008, 04:59:05 pm »

I tryed that one for sure  input/output is default Alsa   device is all default...
anubisg1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: November 09, 2008, 07:40:41 pm »

hi.. i have a problem with libnice.. on my pc build fine, but fail on my chroot:

Code:
+ /usr/bin/make
/usr/bin/make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/packages/BUILD/libnice'
Making all in stun
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/packages/BUILD/libnice/stun'
Making all in .
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/packages/BUILD/libnice/stun'
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..  -I..  -std=gnu99 -Wall -Werror -Wextra -Wundef -Wnested-externs -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wredundant-decls -Wno-unused-parameter  -march=i586 -mtune=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -O2 -MT stunagent.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/stunagent.Tpo -c -o stunagent.lo stunagent.c
mkdir .libs
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -std=gnu99 -Wall -Werror -Wextra -Wundef -Wnested-externs -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wredundant-decls -Wno-unused-parameter -march=i586 -mtune=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -O2 -MT stunagent.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/stunagent.Tpo -c stunagent.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/stunagent.o
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
stunagent.c: In function 'stun_agent_default_validater':
stunagent.c:66: error: unused parameter 'agent'
stunagent.c:67: error: unused parameter 'message'
make[3]: *** [stunagent.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/packages/BUILD/libnice/stun'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/packages/BUILD/libnice/stun'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/packages/BUILD/libnice'
make: *** [all] Error 2

are you able to tell me witch is the missing build-dependencie? thanks

Andrea

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: November 09, 2008, 09:59:52 pm »

@lordamus: I don't know, I'm still thinking about a volume issue from your side or your friend's side... try to do a call with yourself by opening two amsns...
@anubisg1: humm... I guess that's my bad... you can avoid that by editing the file common.mk in libnice's directly and remove the line with
Code:
  -Werror \

then run ./autogen.sh and redo the configure and make...

KaKaRoTo
anubisg1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: November 09, 2008, 11:00:09 pm »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
@lordamus: I don't know, I'm still thinking about a volume issue from your side or your friend's side... try to do a call with yourself by opening two amsns...
@anubisg1: humm... I guess that's my bad... you can avoid that by editing the file common.mk in libnice's directly and remove the line with
Code:
  -Werror \

works in chroot too.

thanks

(i'm building suse rpms.. soon available on packman repository)

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: November 09, 2008, 11:26:02 pm »

cool, thx! Smiley
if you want an explanation, the problem was that in libnice, there is a function that doesn't use all the arguments it receives (it doesn't need them all), and in your chroot, you probably have a gcc option that tells it to warn when an argument is unused...
The problem is that I forgot to remove the option -Werror when releasing libnice, that option basically says "treat all warnings as errors" which is why it errored out.. without the option, now it just shows a warning and continues the compilation. I guess i'll have to add that magic option to my build environment to make sure such warnings do not happen... and remove the -Werror for future releases...

KaKaRoTo
anubisg1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: November 09, 2008, 11:35:51 pm »

perfect, thanks.. i perfectly understood.

btw:

http://packman.links2linux.org/package/nice/

http://packman.links2linux.org/package/libfarsight2

http://packman.links2linux.org/package/gstreamer-0_10-plugins-farsight

amsn-svn is on queue Smiley and will be available here:

http://packman.links2linux.org/package/amsnsvn

btw that links are valid for manual download, you can use yast/zypper with packaman repo.
mirrors available here: http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories#Packman

btw.. farsight gstreamer plugin fail on suse 11.1 because of that:

Code:
+ cd gst-plugins-farsight-0.12.9
+ autoreconf -f -i
m4/gst-feature.m4:49: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
m4/gst-feature.m4:49: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.57268 (%build)

ideas?

thanks a lot

---edit---

btw part 2

farsight2 fail (on chroot only) if docs are built

i'll publish log next time.. a been deleted Sad

anubisg1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: November 10, 2008, 10:28:31 am »

yeaah!!! farsight works Tongue (with libv4l too)

openSUSErs feel free to do that:

zypper in amsnSVN

:lol:  :lol:

everything will works!!

you may want to wait mirrors syncs

btw.. that is libfarsight 2 with --enable-gtk-doc

now succeded Wink i don't know why.. spec file  is exactly the same of yesterday.. wait... not.. ok i understood...

paralled building with jobs made make fail! Wink

thanks and sorry for the inconvenient

lordamus
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 11, 2008, 05:25:43 am »

Nope all the volumes is high I'm using same volumes in skype its very clear.. friend side also he's calling other people without prblem but when he call me I cant hear something..Cant try that I get  Farsight Prepare error : Unable to set pipeline to PLAYING

Code:
  -Werror \

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: November 11, 2008, 11:33:25 am »

@anubisg1: great, I'm glad you got it to build and thanks for the packages, I'm sure they'll come in handy to more than one!
@lordamus: I don't know then.. but the fact that it can't be 'PLAYING' when you try with two amsn means you don't have software mixing.. so either alsa doesn't have it.. or you're not using alsa...
If you are willing to give me ssh access to your machine so I can run some tests, then try to get online on IRC at some point and ping me in there so I can try to see where the problem comes from... otherwise, you'll have to wait and hope it gets fixed at some point... hehe

KaKaRoTo
lordamus
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 12, 2008, 01:09:17 am »

now farsight totally broken on svn 10707

Farsight : Preparing
Farsight Prepare error : Unable to set pipeline to PLAYING

Yea I`m using only alsa  I removed pulse audio..lots of prblems before that with pulse..hah need to change some firewall/router sets for that...what that tests is ?  maybe I can try ?

@anubisg1: great, I'm glad you got it to build and thanks for the packages, I'm sure they'll come in handy to more than one!
@lordamus: I don't know then.. but the fact that it can't be 'PLAYING' when you try with two amsn means you don't have software mixing.. so either alsa doesn't have it.. or you're not using alsa...
If you are willing to give me ssh access to your machine so I can run some tests, then try to get online on IRC at some point and ping me in there so I can try to see where the problem comes from... otherwise, you'll have to wait and hope it gets fixed at some point... hehe
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: