aMSN Forums
November 28, 2021, 04:19:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "You are firewalled or behind a router" HELP!!!!  (Read 15165 times)
dmc

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2008, 08:44:25 am »

i cant solve this i've search forums and they don't help me!

Well i have a macbook white one, i'm using the latest aMSN also im using a modem from at&t yahoo please give set by step solution if you can thank you.
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 08:50:26 am »

so you did post here. Why did you PM me about this?

This is normal if you have a router and.or firewall software set up. I don't know much about OS X but I am pretty that Leopard (10.5) has a firewall, I have heared it's a little buggy but maybe that was old info.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1!
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 10:08:59 am »

damn, H@T trick, you also get PM-ed? this guy didn't PM me, but I sometimes get PMs and I HATE THEMMMMMMMMMMMM... I always answer "PM are prohibited unless previously authorized by me. You can only get authorized to send a PM if you need to send private data like your password".. I've always dreamed to add that to the forum rules page.. but lazyness got the best of me...
@dmc : use google, it's far more efficient... oh and a little bit of common sense... and if you can use neither of them, just call one of your friends who knows how to use a computer.
good luck.

KaKaRoTo
takeshi81
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 02:49:56 pm »

you need port 1863 tcp to be open, in tiger open that port , in leopard you can add amsn as trusted app.
BTW you should use mac amsn forum here >> http://forums.cocoaforge.com/viewforum.php?f=14
search the forum before you post.
bye
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 09:48:16 pm »

takeshi, it's not about connecting, it's about the "you are firewalled or behind a router" message that you get when configuring webcam.. he never said he can't connect...

KaKaRoTo
takeshi81
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 10:30:46 pm »

ya got it btw the firewall hints are the same
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 12:18:39 am »

yeah, except it's port 6891

KaKaRoTo
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 03:17:02 am »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
damn, H@T trick, you also get PM-ed? this guy didn't PM me, but I sometimes get PMs and I HATE THEMMMMMMMMMMMM... I always answer "PM are prohibited unless previously authorized by me. You can only get authorized to send a PM if you need to send private data like your password".. I've always dreamed to add that to the forum rules page.. but lazyness got the best of me...
@dmc : use google, it's far more efficient... oh and a little bit of common sense... and if you can use neither of them, just call one of your friends who knows how to use a computer.
good luck.

lol he was the first one to pm me, i told him PMs without permission are strongly discouraged. When I first saw the PM notice i figured it was you telling me i had said something wrong or something important but not needed on the forums, and you being the admin can PM anyone you need to without permission. lol

There's no place like 127.0.0.1!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: