aMSN Forums
October 24, 2020, 12:59:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: MSNP15  (Read 171696 times)
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 11:37:06 pm »

no, webcam is limited to 320x240 because it's a limitation of the codec, and changing the protocol won't change the codec (although there's a different webcam feature using a different codec but it's not reverse engineered yet..).

p.s: it's already answered in the forums.

KaKaRoTo
Trappski
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 07:44:15 am »

Haven't bothered to actually test this yet... But great props for digging in to this... Really keeps aMSN upfront when it comes to implementing MSN-features as usual. Thumbs up for that!

H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 09:14:03 am »

just a quick update, I've been running MSNP15 for about 3 weeks with no issues, but only regular chatting, no webcam yet, but FT works at pretty decent speeds too. Great work guys!!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1!
rowanparker
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 09:20:42 pm »

I couldn't even connect using MSNP15, just connects forever and occasion saying failed and trying again.

H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2008, 09:26:18 pm »

it could be the server issues MSN is having at the moment
edit: kakroto. I got a PM from a user about switching to MSNP15, I replied and told him to search the forums and PMs are discouraged without permission. Do you want his name?

rowanparker
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2008, 09:34:37 pm »

Quote from: "H@t Trick"
it could be the server issues MSN is having at the moment

Well I thought that cos a friend (WLM friend) said she was having troubles but then I switched back to 13 and it signed in straight away.

H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2008, 09:39:31 pm »

Yeah, I figured you'd say that. I haven't had a problem with my account using MSNP15, but my accounts with MSNP13 (or is the default 12, I am not sure, so whichever the default is) have had the log in issues. Basically when it fails to log in, cancel, wait a few mins, then try logging in again, that seems to help for me.

accidental double post?

rowanparker
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2008, 09:45:12 pm »

Yeah, I never spotted that, I've edited second 'un now.

I reverted to 13 and logged back in (I dunno if its default, I think it is).
Erm... yeah, it could be that (but why would one protocol log in fine and one not, I know MS are stupid but thats strange).
I will try again at a later date, see if anything changes.

I was only going to try and test webcam to see how that was and to see if offline chat (finally Cheesy) works.

Edit: Just tried again, it went on, I received an offline message then it kicked me off straight away and wouldn't let me back on. Kept saying 'Disconnected from Server'.

H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2008, 09:59:48 pm »

Yeah I've done that before, so dont worry!
MS is stupid but possibly different protocol=different server? I don't know.
I haven't tried offline chat but I think it does.

Hmm maybe a bug, but I am sure Kakaroto and the devs are aware of it, still no bug reporting as far as I know!.

rowanparker
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2008, 10:03:19 pm »

Yeah.
I'll just leave it.
Aslong as I can still use aMSN i'm happy Smiley

I don't think it can be a different server (unless only me can't access it) because all my friends online are using WLM and therefore must be using the new protocol. I'll try tomorrow or something.

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2008, 04:50:15 am »

hello here!
I deleted the double post..
and yes, I've also been on msnp15 since the first try at implementing it and had no problems.. (until I need to add or block someone and I forget that I can't do it on p15 :p).
the server issues are weird, and yes, in theory it could be a problem on one protocol and not another... but not sure if in practice it is...
@rowanparker: you're sure you got the latest SVN ? maybe you are using a cached server which is still failing... (  "::config::setKey start_ns_server [::config::getKey default_ns_server]" to fix). But maybe you also have someone who added you and you still didn't accept it, and it tries to accept the new contact when you log in or whatever... have a look at the protocol, maybe you'll see what happens...
mainly, make sure it's the latest SVN...

@H@T Trick : damn I hate PMs, no need for his nick, I don't ban, I just tell them not to pm... anyways!
btw, OIMs should work! offline messaging, webcam, FT, etc.. all should work, so if you get an error on those things, you can report them here...
but don't report errors caused by blocking/unblocking/moving/renaming/adding/deleting/copying groups or contacts or anything related to that.

KaKaRoTo
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2008, 06:10:59 am »

The server errors are weird and annoying and very typical of MS!

@kakaroto:
I'll let you know any bugs I find. But I will tell you whatever you have done in the SVN recently for FTs is amazing. I was sending some videos I took with my N95-3 (damn good video quality, especially from a cellphone) at the Marlies game a week and a half ago to my buddy, and I was on my MSNP15 profile, were both on an 18Mbps/1Mbps connection on Rogers, both behind routers and no port forwarding and we were getting 100KB/s (800kbps) transfer rate!!! I thought that kind of speed was impossible on MSN, obviously not anymore, and he is on WLM (though I know he has used aMSN in the past, even before I found it). Great work with the FT guys!!.

H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2008, 10:54:46 am »

Ok I m not sure where to post this or if it is relevant, but it is related to MSNP15, but seems indirect, since it's adding a contact on my MSNP15 profile. Someone added me to their list last week and I couldnt figure out why it wouldn't add me, and why I couldn't add it, it finally hit me now, lol, ok stupid me. So I logged out, went to the console:
Code:
(WINDOWS) 1 % ::config::setKey protocol 12
(scripts) 2 % config::getKey protocol
(scripts) 3 %

hit log in, all is ok, get pop up window that the person requested to add me to msn, hit yes, and bam kicked off. tried 2 or 3 times. Kakaroto, should I PM you the protocol and status logs?
hmm, I just tried now, and it seemed to work to add him from my side, weird.
do you still want the logs? (btw it looks like the save to file button brings up that old ccmsn dialog and the explorer dialog window for both)

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2008, 11:35:19 am »

set the protocol config to '11' if you want to use MSNP12... yeah I know... lol Smiley

KaKaRoTo
iron_maiden89b

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2008, 01:44:02 pm »

Hello!
How can i try MSNP15?
 Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: