aMSN Forums
October 24, 2020, 01:34:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: MSNP15  (Read 171703 times)
takeshi81
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 02:21:12 pm »

anyway about YIM the syntax for message is the same UUX and UBX and there is no ability to cam/sendfile/voiceclip/animoticon/audio call even between the two official client, so it's quite simple, all is needed is the syntax to join the YIM network..
there are lag and desync issues between the official server so at least we need basically the block/unblock/send message feature ...
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 10:21:02 pm »

lol @ KKRT: yes we're even and it was fun!  Cheesy
ok so scratch #s 1 and 2 off my list! I trust you!

@takeshi: there's no a/v between the official YIM/WLM client? I didnt know that. Anyone know if this is impossible or just not implemented by Yahoo/MS?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1!
takeshi81
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 10:24:52 pm »

Nope neither file transfer... i am talking about the official client for mac but i think it's the same since YIM:mac has video feature but is not possible to send a video session request to wlm users.... interoperability is meant just for messaging and i think the policy by both group is just this... msft tried to buy yahoo, inc. but luckily acquisition has not succeded  Cool
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 10:35:43 pm »

ahh ok, that sucks, it would be nice to have those features available to us though maybe one day!
I know they did, and thankfully it was not successful!

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 12:29:37 am »

I didn't know about those features not being possible, but I guess it makes sense.. webcam/audio chat, they all use a proprietary codec of microsoft, and microsoft will not share their codec with yahoo and neither will yahoo share their proprietary codec with microsoft. About file transfers, it sucks since it can be done, it's just a file, but it also makes sense since file transfers should be a direct connection and the protocol used in direct connection is msnp2p which is proprietary and again they won't share it (or yahoo will say why use crappy msnp2p for FT, why do we have to use your protocol, why not WLM uses our own protocol when in direct connection.. but microsoft can't use something other than theirs...), if a transfer is not direct connect, then it uses the SB, but you can't make a yahoo user join an SB, they only send/receive messages through the NS (notification server).

KaKaRoTo
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 02:42:46 am »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
@H@T_Trick : C:\documents and settings\hottrick\amsn just rename the directory.

Kakaroto, do I not need to create a second aMSN directory in C:\Program Files\ ?
ex:
current: c:\Program Files\aMSN
after change: c:\Program Files\aMSN and c:\Program Files\aMSN-MSNP15

I run 4 instances of aMSN and want to run 3 with no modification and run 1 with MSNP15.

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 05:00:45 am »

H@t trick : no, the directory 'aMSN' is the only one you can have, when you said you would create another directory, I thought you'd move your current one to make sur you avoid any risk of getting corrupted config or anything (although there is no risk), and open amsn and recreate your accounts...
If you don't want to loose your config, you can copy your aMSN directory to keep a backup..
you need to open the amsn console and type :
Code:
::config::setKey protocol 15
so you can use MSNP15, but it will only apply to your current profile, so just open your 4 amsn instances, like you always do.. go to the 'msnp15 account', disconnect, do the configKey trick, reconnect, and now you will have 3 accounts using MSNP12 and 1 account using MSNP15.. if you close amsn/reboot/whatever, it will keep those settings, your 3 accounts will still use msnp12 and the other one will use msnp15... (it's a profile config key, just like 'save webcams' for example, which does not conflict with other account's config...)

KaKaRoTo
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 07:54:09 am »

ahhhh ok i see, I was thinking it was a chance in protocol.tcl or amsn.tcl and would affect all profiles

thanks!!!!

H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 09:30:19 am »

ok so I logged out, opened the console
got this:
Code:
(WINDOWS) 1 % ::config::setKey protocol 15
(scripts) 2 %

then logged back in, nothing to report ofcourse, I've opened the protocol log on another profile and the MSNP15 profile but there doesnt seem to be anything to identify it is using MSNP15 for sure, is there a way to tell without forcing the server to disconnect me?

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2008, 06:14:49 pm »

well, I have two ways to check which protocol I'm using..
1 - config::getKey protocol
if it says 15, then I use msnp15 :p
2 - disconnect, clear the protocol log, uncheck the 'follow text', connect.. look at the first command sent, it lists the protocol I want to use.. if it says :
VER x MSNP15 CVR0
then it's MSNP15, if it says
VER x MSNP12 CVR0
then it's MSNP12...

3 - Other thing you could use, but I don't bother, if you don't want to disconnect, just open the protocol log, clear it, open a chat window, and look for the request to get an SB, you will send an :
XFR x SB
and the answer should be, for MSNP15  :
XFR x SB 64.4.37.14:1863 CKI 123456789.123456789.123456789 U messenger.msn.com 1
if you use MSNP12, it will only be (missing last args) :
 XFR x SB 64.4.37.14:1863 CKI 123456789.123456789.123456789

KaKaRoTo
Kalinda
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2008, 06:16:38 pm »

Based on the output of your wish console, I'd say you are using P15. If you wanna find out, go on appear offline and open chat window with one of the people who are online. If it says they joined the conversation and connects you to them, that means you're using P15 because you can chat with appear offline while using it.

Although, I wouldn't try to have any important conversations with it. After a while the server will close the conversation connection due to inactivity, like it normally does, and the person on the other end will not connect to you so you'll just get the "you've got one offline message" box if they reply. And if you click yes to view it, half the time it doesn't actually display it. So there must be a bug somewhere in aMSN's P15 that messes up offline messaging. Sometimes it works, though. Interestingly, if you then log back in using P12, you will be able to see and receive these OIMs.

But I bet the devs knew that already. I wonder if in the future we will just be rid of the "do you want to view your offline messages" box altogether and your offline messages will just appear if you're chatting with somebody and you're on appear offline.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 05:37:48 am »

Hey Kalinda.. yes the OIM problem is known (told you I knew everything! :p ok actually I didn't until vivia noticed yesterday :p ). The problem is that OIMs are using MSNP12 authentification and to get them to work you would have had to login with MSNP12, THEN logout and log back in with MSNP15, then your OIMs would work since it already used MSNP12 authentification and saved it. But in theory, it should have been fixed since yesterday... but maybe not 'really good' fixed.. in any case, MSNP15 uses a different soap action/url for OIMs which uses the MSNP15 SSO authentication scheme, so we'll have to move to that once MSNP15 is more stable (right now we do a second MSNP13 authentification and use that for OIMs even if you're authenticated with MSNP15).
Yes, the user joins while appear offline is a good indication but it will only work if you don't mind going into appear offline mode.. in which case, you just might as well disconnect and reconenct and see the 'MSNP15' string being sent/received by the server :p (although your method doesn't involve any Ctrl-D :p).
About the connection closes, yeah, I know, it can get nasty, but that's how the official client works too.. you send an OIM, user gets it, reads it, then answers and it opens the SB.. but with WLM, you don't see that you sent an OIM vs. a real message, and you don't see whether the SB is opened or closed, or the 'user joins', so it's all being transparent to you.
The 'do you want to view your offline messages'.. yes, that is really getting annoying when doing the appear offline trick, we put it there probably as a notice to tell n00bs 'hey, we implemented OIM support, yeay!' lol.. but now, it should be removed when we switch to MSNP15 because it will become irritating.

KaKaRoTo
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 05:41:26 am »

thanks guys, definitely looks like I am using MSNP15, seems to be fine and stable for basic use, I haven tried a FT or webcam yet, nothing to report otherwise.

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 06:58:12 am »

cool Smiley

KaKaRoTo
Dottout

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2008, 06:55:25 pm »

this is cool, offline chat is working Cheesy is there a way to set webcam res to 640x480?  tnx for your work
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: