aMSN Forums
February 18, 2019, 08:03:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: skins do not show in list of available skins  (Read 8304 times)
lexi.dean

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2007, 03:28:02 am »

hiya,

i have just downloaded my version of aMSN this evening (very cool guys Cheesy) but I attempted to download a different skin to the default one only it's not working.

i followed the directions on the installing skins and plug-ins page, but the skin didn't show up on my available skins page, even when i re-started aMSN and rebooted the whole computer.

can anyone help? thanks Smiley
lexi.dean

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 03:29:30 am »

oh yeah and the current directory of my saved skins is:

C:\Documents and Settings\Lexi\Amsn\Skins
lexi.dean

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 04:14:05 am »

erm so i figured out how to get the skins to show, it was coz my computer didnt recognise the file extension.

now my problem is that the skin is changing everything to like the screen shot, except from the sign-in page and the actual boxes where my contacts are displayed, which is staying like the default (have shut down etc)

can anyone help? Sad
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 05:29:03 am »

the skin may not be updated for the new contact list and login screen, etc. 0.97 has a new login screen, contact list, and other eye candy that a skin needs to support. ensure the skin is intended for 0.97. Even when I was using 0.96 some of the skins didnt always work right with it as they were intended for 0.94 or 0.95. I could be wrong as the website might have been updated with new skins for 0.97 and removed older skins, but I am not sure on that. Also this post may have better been asked in the Skins section not the Windows section.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1!
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 07:00:48 am »

H@T_Trick is right, the skin needs to be '0.97 compatible', the skins and plugins sections of the website were not updated for the new release.

KaKaRoTo
lexi.dean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 02:55:58 pm »

oo okay. sorry i didnt know what to put it in. it was a windows skin so i duno :S

is there any news on when skins will be updated, if they will be? thanks...
H@t Trick
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 10:19:31 pm »

if and when a skin is updated in up to the person who created the skin, it may no longer be maintained. As for if the site will be updated with skins supporting 0.97, It makes sense that eventually it will be, when I have no idea, but Kakaroto may have a better idea on this. My guess is that the skin creators need to submit their skins to be added to the website, once this is done then the list will start to be updated on the site, but who knows if or when this will happen.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1!
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 08:00:17 am »

website will be updated.. some day..

KaKaRoTo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: