aMSN Forums
April 17, 2014, 05:41:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video conversation  (Read 398191 times)
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #675 on: February 28, 2010, 06:33:43 pm »

yep, temporary service down time is common..
however, I just did some tests, and it looks like MSNP18<->MSNP18 still works because it's using a 'tunneled sip' which means it doesn't dpeend anymore on that external vp.sip.messenger.msn.com server...
If I try from WLM to aMSN, it says "service is unavailable right now, please retry later"...
I might have been wrong, maybe you're right, they could drop the support, just like they seem to have stopped using that third party server for webcam when behind a NAT/firewall... They keep the support in the client, but they just bring down some servers that aren't needed anymore, which ends up breaking the support itself...
We'll have to wait a little to see if the server comes back online or not.. if it doesn't, then we're screwed Sad
We'll have to either remove the feature or force the move to MSNP18... sucks!

KaKaRoTo
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 28, 2010, 07:29:26 pm »

Nope, it seems that M$ just closed their servers for all clients that aren't msnp18.

Edit: Not confirmed
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 08:16:45 pm by alexandernst » Logged
cuteboy

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 18, 2010, 05:42:34 pm »

Haaaa ben là chu triste en tabarnac!  Cry

CuteBoy
falde

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 28, 2011, 02:55:32 pm »

So what is needed in order to bring us forward to MSNP18? I may be willing to do some work on this.

Would it be possible to build a protocol on top of the MSN protocol for usage in amsn to amsn conversions, or amsn to pidgin conversions? With that we would not be as pressed to keep up with Microsoft's changes in the protocol. Instead we could just implement something that are stable, but incompatible with their clients.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #679 on: July 02, 2011, 01:13:06 am »

So what is needed in order to bring us forward to MSNP18? I may be willing to do some work on this.

Would it be possible to build a protocol on top of the MSN protocol for usage in amsn to amsn conversions, or amsn to pidgin conversions? With that we would not be as pressed to keep up with Microsoft's changes in the protocol. Instead we could just implement something that are stable, but incompatible with their clients.

For MSNP18, we need P2PV2 support, we already refactored the P2P stack in order to more easily allow P2Pv2 implementation but it hasn't been done yet.
For a non-MSN protocol, etc.. just use XMPP, it's an open standard IM/VoIP protocol, so just use that if you want (that's what Jabber, google talk and facebook chat uses).

KaKaRoTo
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]
  Print  

Jump to: